Connect with us

News

Delhi Government Issues More Than 8.4 Lakh Pink Saheli Cards for Free DTC Rides.

Published

on

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta said on Tuesday that over 8.4 lakh women across the capital have got Pink Saheli Smart Cards for free travel in DTC buses.

The card uses National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) tap-and-go service. Women and transgender passengers can travel without paying fare on buses run by the Delhi Transport Corporation.

Gupta shared that 8,40,618 cards had been issued till May 18. She said pink paper tickets are still being accepted along with the smart cards at present. Later, the free ride plan will run only through the smart card system.

She said the large number of card users shows that more women are now choosing buses for daily travel in Delhi.

The Delhi government is also working on digital transport services to make bus travel safer and easier for passengers. Officials say these systems can help keep records clear and improve day-to-day work.

News

Delhi Families Can Apply for Ration Cards Again After 13 Years

Published

on

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta said on Thursday that people can once again apply for new ration cards in the capital after a gap of nearly 13 years. The fresh application system became active from May 15.

During a media briefing at the Delhi Secretariat, she asked low-income families to submit forms through the e-District website. She said the main aim is to make sure food support reaches families that need it the most.

The government has also reopened old pending files. Applicants whose forms were left incomplete in past years can now update their papers and upload fresh documents before sending the forms again.

After reviewing the ration system, Delhi Government officials found a large number of invalid names in records. According to official figures, more than 7.71 lakh names were removed during the checking drive.

Officials said over 6.46 lakh people did not match the income rules set for ration benefits. Around 95,000 card holders had not collected ration for over a year. Records also showed names of dead people and duplicate beneficiaries in several cases.

With these names removed, close to 7.72 lakh new spots are now free for eligible families.

The government shared that over 3.72 lakh requests for new ration cards and nearly 99,500 applications for adding family members are still waiting for clearance. Since many of these requests are old, people will now need to file forms again under the latest rules.

Rekha Gupta said Delhi has started work under the Delhi Food Security Rules, 2026 linked to the National Food Security Act, 2013. Several changes have also been made in ration shops to reduce fraud cases.

Electronic weighing machines are now being placed at fair-price shops in place of old machines. Fingerprint-based checking has also been made compulsory while giving ration to card holders.

The Chief Minister said all ration card work can now be completed online. This covers new applications along with adding or removing names from family records. People may also visit nearby service centres for help.

Under the updated process, applicants must submit Aadhaar cards, address proof, fresh income papers and Aadhaar details of all family members. Officials said stricter document checking will help stop fake entries.

Applications will pass through many levels before approval. Food and Supply Officers will first examine the forms online. Field visits may also take place in some cases. Assistant Commissioners will then review the checked forms before a district committee led by the District Magistrate gives final approval. Approved ration cards will later be downloaded online.

Rekha Gupta also said the yearly income limit for getting ration cards has already gone up from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 1.20 lakh. The government is now discussing another increase to nearly Rs. 2.5 lakh so more families can come under the food scheme.

Delhi Food and Civil Supplies Minister Manjinder Singh Sirsa said earlier governments had slowed down the ration card system for many years. He claimed this had stopped many needy families from getting food benefits.

Continue Reading

News

Delhi Govt Announces Rs.10 Crore Loan Scheme For Women Entrepreneurs

Published

on

Image Source: ANI

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta said women-led startups and self-help groups in Delhi may soon get loans of up to ?10 crore without giving any property or security to banks. She said the Delhi government will take responsibility as guarantor for these loans.

She shared that the main aim of the plan is to help more women start small businesses and earn on their own.

The Delhi government is also preparing spaces in malls and big shopping centres where women groups can sell handmade products to more customers across the city.

Gupta spoke about the plan during the “Mega Self Help Group (SHG) Mela-2026” in Rohini. She said the event was organised to help local products reach more people and support women working in small businesses. The mela was linked to schemes like “Vocal for Local”, “Atmanirbhar Bharat”, and “One District, One Product”, started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Nearly 24 self-help groups joined the fair with different handmade goods such as khadi clothes, crochet items, handicrafts, food products, and daily-use items. Handmade products from North-West Delhi were also displayed under the “One District, One Product” program.

Gupta said many Indian handmade items match foreign products in quality, but local sellers need stronger promotion and better branding. She requested people to support Indian-made goods more often.

She also spoke about saving fuel and using public transport. Campaigns like “Monday Metro” and “No Vehicle Day” are being promoted by the Delhi government to reduce vehicle use.

Gupta said simple daily habits from the public can help the country and support local businesses at the same time.

Continue Reading

News

Delhi May Soon Allow Only Electric Autos On Roads

Published

on

Delhi-NCR may soon see a major change in public transport as the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) has approved a step-by-step plan for electric auto-rickshaws.

Under the new order, fresh registration of L5 category three-wheelers will be limited to electric models in the coming years. Delhi will begin this system from January 1, 2027. After that, Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat, Ghaziabad, and Gautam Budh Nagar will follow from January 1, 2028. The remaining NCR areas will start from January 1, 2029.

The pollution control body said the move aims to reduce dirty air caused by vehicles across the region. It has also announced strict action against vehicles running without a valid Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC).

Starting October 1, 2026, fuel stations across NCR may stop giving petrol or diesel to vehicles that do not carry a valid PUCC. Authorities plan to track such vehicles through ANPR cameras and other digital systems placed at fuel stations.

Special relief may still be given during emergency cases like ambulance work, disaster help, police duty, or other urgent situations cleared by Delhi or nearby state governments.

CAQM has also asked officials in Delhi and NCR areas to quickly set up camera-based checking systems for smooth action and regular monitoring.

A few days ago, the panel also removed Stage-I limits under the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) after air quality got better in Delhi-NCR. Reports shared by IMD and IITM said the AQI may remain between satisfactory and moderate levels over the next few days.

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.