News
Delhi Bar Association suspends membership of 10 advocates including Manish Sharma

Representative Image | Source: ANI
The Delhi Bar Association (DBA) has taken decisive action following an emergency meeting, suspending the membership of ten advocates, including Manish Sharma. This move comes in the wake of a firing incident that occurred at the Tis Hazari court, prompting an urgent gathering of the DBA. In addition to the membership suspension, the Bar Council of Delhi has also revoked Manish Sharma’s license, and the Delhi Police have registered an FIR.
During the meeting, the DBA passed a resolution and subsequently issued a letter condemning the unprecedented act of firing by Manish Sharma, who was accompanied by Ravish Dedha, Aman Singh, Shiv Ram Pandey, Ankit Tyagi, Jitesh Khari, Amulya Sharma, Kapil Yadav, Vishwajit Shokeen, Sharad Dixit (advocates), and Shibu, Mayank Nagar (non-advocates) along with other outsider friends. The Executive Committee of the Delhi Bar Association unanimously denounced their anti-social and criminal behavior, which has tarnished the dignity and reputation of the legal profession.
Consequently, the Delhi Bar Association has resolved to suspend the membership of the aforementioned lawyers and their accompanying non-lawyers/outsider friends, effective immediately, as a stern response to their anti-bar, criminal, and anti-social acts. The letter also mentions that other members yet to be identified will face suspension, and appropriate action will be taken against them.
Previously, DBA President Nitin Ahlawat stated that strict action would be taken against the lawyers involved in the incident, and an FIR has already been registered.
News
Delhi May Soon Allow Only Electric Autos On Roads
Delhi-NCR may soon see a major change in public transport as the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) has approved a step-by-step plan for electric auto-rickshaws.
Under the new order, fresh registration of L5 category three-wheelers will be limited to electric models in the coming years. Delhi will begin this system from January 1, 2027. After that, Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat, Ghaziabad, and Gautam Budh Nagar will follow from January 1, 2028. The remaining NCR areas will start from January 1, 2029.
The pollution control body said the move aims to reduce dirty air caused by vehicles across the region. It has also announced strict action against vehicles running without a valid Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC).
Starting October 1, 2026, fuel stations across NCR may stop giving petrol or diesel to vehicles that do not carry a valid PUCC. Authorities plan to track such vehicles through ANPR cameras and other digital systems placed at fuel stations.
Special relief may still be given during emergency cases like ambulance work, disaster help, police duty, or other urgent situations cleared by Delhi or nearby state governments.
CAQM has also asked officials in Delhi and NCR areas to quickly set up camera-based checking systems for smooth action and regular monitoring.
A few days ago, the panel also removed Stage-I limits under the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) after air quality got better in Delhi-NCR. Reports shared by IMD and IITM said the AQI may remain between satisfactory and moderate levels over the next few days.
News
DMRC Launches Delhi’s First Hydrogen Shuttle Bus Near Central Vista
Delhi has started running its first bus powered by hydrogen fuel in the Central Vista zone. The service began on May 15 under DMRC. The step came after Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about cutting fuel use during global uncertainty.
The shuttle bus will help metro passengers travel between Central Secretariat and Seva Teerth stations. The main focus is to reduce pollution and support cleaner public transport in the capital.
The vehicle was made by Tata Motors and later handed over to DMRC by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).IOCL introduced the bus in 2023 as part of a testing project for hydrogen-based public transport.
The vehicle runs using a hydrogen-based fuel cell system. It is equipped with a 350 bar hydrogen tank and a 70 kW fuel cell unit for power. Various modern safety systems have been added, such as electronic braking, balance control, smart monitoring and digital maintenance support.
It is 12 meters long and has a capacity of 35 passengers.
Its route will cover many important places in central Delhi, such as:
- Kartavya Bhawan
- Vigyan Bhawan
- Nirman Bhawan
- Akbar Road
- Baroda House
- National Stadium
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- India Gate
- Seva Teerth Metro Station
Hydrogen buses are seen as cleaner than CNG buses because they do not release harmful smoke into the air. Still, bringing large numbers of hydrogen buses to city roads may take more time because the fuel system is costly and needs special fuel stations.
At present, CNG buses remain the easier choice for regular city transport. The hydrogen bus service is mainly being used as a trial to check how this fuel can work in the future.
News
Delhi Bus Driver, Helper Arrested After Woman Alleges Rape Inside Moving Bus
Delhi Police arrested a bus driver and his helper after a woman said the two men raped her inside a moving bus in Delhi’s Nangloi area. Police took action more than two days after the case came out.
Police said the 30-year-old woman got into the bus at Rani Bagh around 12:30 am on Tuesday. The bus was going from Delhi to Bihar. During the trip, the driver Umesh and helper Ramendra allegedly attacked and raped her inside the vehicle.
Police said both men belong to Uttar Pradesh. At that time, they were heading toward Nangloi to pick up passengers. After the alleged crime, the woman was left on the road in Nangloi after the bus moved around seven kilometres.
A police official said a call about the matter reached Nangloi police station at around 4:45 am. Later, the case went to Rani Bagh police station for further action.
The woman later went through a medical test and gave a complaint to police. Both accused men were later sent to judicial custody.
AAP leader Saurabh Bharadwaj also spoke about the matter. He asked why police did not make the case public earlier.
While talking to reporters, Bharadwaj said it was shocking that the bus kept moving through a busy part of Delhi during the alleged crime.
-
News2 weeks agoMinimum E-Rickshaw Fare in Delhi Could Go Up to Rs 20
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoMichael Jackson biopic nears $200M in North America after big second weekend.
-
News3 weeks ago‘No PUC, No Fuel’ Rule Is Now Permanent — What It Means
-
News2 weeks agoRain, Thunder and Dust Storms May Hit Delhi-NCR in Next 48 Hours
-
News3 weeks agoDelhi Heat Touches 42°C, IMD Says Rain May Bring Relief Soon.
-
News2 weeks agoPink Smart Cards Ignored by Most Women in Delhi — Govt May Make Them Compulsory
-
Videos5 days agoDelhi Woman Slaps Guard Over Street Dog, Video Blows Up Online
-
News3 days agoDelhi Bus Driver, Helper Arrested After Woman Alleges Rape Inside Moving Bus
