Connect with us

News

Uncertainty over extension of lockdown continues, minister says decision will be taken in ‘national interest’

Published

on

The government on Sunday said the decision to extend the nationwide lockdown would be taken in the ‘national interest’ and would be declared at the right time.

The central government remained non-committal over the extension of the lockdown.

However, in Uttar Pradesh, a senior official has given a clear clue of the extension of the lockdown as the cases are dramatically on surge in the state.

“When we open the lockdown it will be after we have ensured that the state is corona free. If even one corona positive person is left, it will be very difficult to open the lockdown and that is why it may take time,” said Awanish Awasthi, Additional Chief Secretary, Uttar Pradesh.

Earlier in the day, RK Tiwari, Chief Secretary told reporters, “There is still time for the lockdown and we will review the situation and then decide.” He said the surge in cases is due to the Tablighi Jamaat members in the state.

“There are 33 districts as of now that have reported Corona cases. The lockdown may be extended in at least a dozen district that are ‘Corona sensitive’. The lockdown could be lifted in other districts that have reported no cases but inter-city movement will be restricted,” a senior official was quoted as saying by IANS.

Meanwhile, sources said that the government could continue to lockdown in cities like Gautam Buddha Nagar, Noida, Ghaziabad, Agra, Lucknow that had emerged as hotspots for Corona cases.

Contrary to this, no indication was given to imposing lockdown on country-level.

“We are monitoring the world situation every minute. A decision will be taken in the national interest. A decision in this regard will be declared at the right time,” Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said after a meeting of the Union Cabinet via video link.

“There is an empowered group of officials that is assessing the situation,” he added.

However, in Uttar Pradesh too, the speculations over the lockdown cannot be said to be veiled-off completely. Yesterday news agency PTI had quoted CM Adityanath as saying, “The lockdown will be lifted on April 15. We have to ensure that the crowding doesn’t take place. After the lockdown is lifted and if crowding takes place, all our efforts will go in vain.”

The country is in a giant health crisis after the coronavirus pandemic entered through its borders. The virus which has its epicentre in China’s Wuhan as now took the entire globe in its grip.

In India, there are over 4000 cases of COVID-19 have been reported and 109 died due to it.

source

News

4 arrested for sexual assault of spa employee

Published

on

Image: Pexels.com

Delhi Police captured four individuals after a worker of a spa center in Delhi’s Pitampura claimed she was molested and sexually exploited by its manager and a client.

A 22-year-old woman complained of rape in a spa center at Delhi’s Pitampura on Thursday.

Authorities from Maurya Enclave police station hurried to the spot and started the examination.

“On August 4, a PCR call was gotten at PS Maurya Enclave in regards to rape with a lady at a Spa Center, Pitampura Delhi. The police promptly arrived at the spot (the ocean spa center) where a victim aged 22 years along with her husband were present external the spa center and complained in regards to rape on her by the manager of the spa center and client,” said police.

She was sent to the hospital for her clinical assessment. A counselor from DCW visited her.

“She expressed that on June 30 she joined the spa on August 4 at around 6 p.m. one client came there along with the manager Rahul and requested sexual favors. Rahul offered her a soft drink, after drinking it she felt tipsy and both raped her,” said police.

A case under Sections 354A/328/376 D of IPC was registered and both the accused persons were arrested.

Source: ANI

Continue Reading

News

Gold medalist boxer became a robber in Delhi, arrested with two companions

Published

on

A burglary group has been busted in Delhi. A boxer was likewise remembered for this posse, who has additionally won gold decorations in certain contests. This posse of three individuals used to complete stealing from Baba Haridas Nagar of Delhi.

The group had looted a lady’s mobile phone in Baba Haridas Nagar on August 1. when the lady was getting back from work. The lady had let in her protest know that three unidentified individuals who had come on the motorcycle grabbed her mobile phone and took off. The police began the examination of the matter. Some CCTVs were additionally checked and individuals around were likewise addressed.

Then, at that point, on August 4, two individuals wandering in a similar region were gotten by the police. The first gave his name as Ankit (age 19 years) who hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. The other’s name is Shivam Kumar who lives in Sainik Enclave. He is additionally 19 years of age. The third is being told as a minor. The person who is there Ankit is a boxer. During interrogation, a stolen cell phone was also recovered from them.

Continue Reading

News

Unclaimed Bag, Tiffin Box in Delhi’s Rohini Spark Alarm But Nothing Suspicious Found

Published

on

Representational Image | Image Source: PTI

An unclaimed bag was found in Rohini region in delhi on Thursday, sending the security organizations like the special cell and bomb detection team soon to reach the spot and launched an investigation, police said.

After a careful review of the area, nothing suspicious was tracked down.

As per authorities, An unclaimed bag was tracked down in the parking lot close to DC Chowk, Rohini Sector-9.

A bomb identification and removal crew and sniffer canines had looked through the area, but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.