Connect with us

Entertainment

Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin Noor Jehan dies in Pakistan

Published

on

Peshawar: Noor Jehan, a cousin of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, died in Peshawar on Tuesday after a prolonged illness. Jehan’s husband Asif Burhan said that she was suffering from oral cancer.

Jehan, 52, a paternal cousin of Shah Rukh, resided in Mohallah Shah Wali Qataal area close to Peshawar’s Qissa Khwani Bazaar. Having previously served as a district and town councillor, Jehan was politically active and even filed nomination papers for the provincial assembly PK-77 seat in the 2018 General Elections before withdrawing at the last moment.

Asif said Shah Rukh’s father and Jehan’s father were siblings and she used to contact her cousin on telephone occasionally. She visited India to meet Shah Rukh Khan in 1997 and 2011. In her first visit, she was accompanied by her husband. During his childhood, Khan also visited his relatives in Peshawar along with his parents twice.

Shah Rukh was last seen in 2018 film, Zero, which did not fall on expectations. He is currently spending time with his family. The actor is married to Gauri Khan and has three kids: Aryan, Suhana and AbRam. He had earlier told Filmfare in an interview, “I have no film with me right now. I am not working on any film. Usually what happens is when your one film is coming to an end, you begin work on your next film and I get involved within 3-4 months. But this time I am just not feeling like…My heart doesn’t allow me to..I just felt that I should rather take time out, watch films, listen to stories and read more books. Even my kids are in their college stage…my daughter is going to college and my son is about to finish his studies. So I just want to spend more time with my family.”

source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Pankaj Tripathi turns writer amidst COVID-19 lockdown

Published

on

Mirzapur actor Pankaj Tripathi has already experimented with his acting skills on different platforms. He has tried everything from TV to films and to OTT platforms. With the country reeling under the Coronavirus pandemic, people are in home quarantine in accordance with the 21-day nationwide lockdown announced by PM Modi. Tripathi is also in home quarantine and has found a new way to deal with his boredom.

During the period, the actor is making most of his time with his family. Along with it, the quarantine time has brought out the writer in him.

“Actors are often closely associated with writing, even in the projects that they are just acting in. As artistes, we communicate to the audience what the writer is trying to tell through his body language, his ability to emote on screen,” said Pankaj to a media agency.

“Writing is a creative extension of me and I am not doing it with the motive of writing a screenplay really. I started with penning down my thoughts for the sake of keeping my skills sharpened. Writing and acting are interconnected for me. I am writing to fulfil my own creative quest. Let me see how the finished product turns out and if it is my satisfaction, I will figure what I want to do with it,” he added.

On the acting front, he has films including Ludo and Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl in his kitty.

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Watch | Akshay Kumar visits hospital along with wife Twinkle Khanna amidst Coronavirus lockdown, Read why?

Published

on

As the entire planet is facing Coronavirus pandemic, Indian government has called out for a lockdown of 21 days. Mumbai, like every other city in the country, is under lockdown. However, Akshay Kumar and his wife Twinkle Khanna were forced to step out on Sunday morning.

According to Twinkle, the couple made their way to the hospital. Putting a full stop to your imagination, let us tell you that it was not related to Coronavirus.

The actress, on Sunday took to her official Instagram handle to share a video from the couple’s way back from the hospital and revealed she had broken her leg. In the video, Akshay is seen driving his wife back from the hospital with his mask on. He’s wearing a blue shirt and a black cap. Twinkle filmed the scene from inside the car and shared a glimpse of the deserted streets of Mumbai.

“It is 10:31 am on a Sunday morning and the roads are deserted, except for pigeons and crows -these wonderful gifts for us. Here’s my driver all the way from Chandni Chowk (camera moves to a masked Akshay for a bit). We are on our way back from the hospital,” she said in the video.

“Nope! I don’t have the coronavirus. People go to the hospital for many things, including, like me, for being unusually clumsy. So, this Sunday, my husband’s pocket is lighter, our hearts have never been more full and and my foot is bloody broken. A happy Sunday to you as well,” she added.

Sharing the video, Twinkle wrote, “Deserted roads all the way back from the hospital. Please don’t be alarmed, I am not about to kick the bucket because I really can’t kick anything at all.”

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rajkummar Rao donates to COVID-19 relief funds

Published

on

Bollywood actor Rajkummar Rao is doing his bit to fight the coronavirus pandemic. He has contributed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s relief fund, Chief Minister’s (Maharashtra) relief fund and Zomato Feeding India to help feed families in need.

Rajkummar doesn’t want to reveal the amount, but tweeted on Sunday: “It’s time to stand together & to help our administration in this fight against Coronavirus. I’ve done my bit..Donated to #PMReliefFund #CMReliefFund and to #ZomatoFeedingIndia to help feed families in need. Please support in whatever way you can. Our Nation Needs Us. Jai Hind.”

It’s time to stand together & to help our administration in this fight against Coronavirus. I’ve done my bit..Donated to #PMReliefFund #CMReliefFund and to #ZomatoFeedingIndia to help feed families in need. Please support in whatever way you can. Our Nation Needs Us. Jai Hind❤️

— Rajkummar Rao (@RajkummarRao) March 29, 2020

Some of his followers even praised him for not revealing the amount.

“This is ideal example of charity. Reason behind this charity is pure care. no show off at all….Showing charity amount for publicity is not good. Feeling proud of you @RajkummarRao for your charity work,” one Twitter user wrote.

Another wrote: “Well done rajkummar for not showing how amount u donated hatsoff man.”

Many Bollywood celebrities have come forward to support Modi’s PM CARES fund. Actor Akshay Kumar has announced that he will donate Rs 25 crore to the fund.

source

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2019 Delhi Wire.