Connect with us

Entertainment

Rithvik Dhanjani, Asha Negi to end their six year-long relationship?

Published

on

It seems that things are not at the right place for this popular Telly town couple. We are talking about TV actors Asha Negi and Rithvik Dhanjani, who according to a report by a media daily, are reportedly taking a break from their six-year-long relationship.

According to Hindustan Times, an entertainment portal quoted a source as saying, “The two have been dating each other for the longest time but things haven’t been too well between the two, of late. Apparently, they are currently on a break and are trying to see if it can go any further. But, the dent is already being felt by close friends.”

Rithvik and Asha have dated for six years and were first seen together in the popular TV serial Pavitra Rishta. There were even rumours of their wedding last year. However, both refuted the rumours.

In 2013, a few months after they officially announced their relationship, Rithvik and Asha participated in the celebrity dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 6, and won the trophy. Rithvik has appeared in many popular TV?shows such as Pavitra Rishta, Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani and Kumkum Bhagya.

Ahead of the COVID-19 outbreak, Rithvik made a timely exit from Spain, where he was with friends to attend a football match. Karan Wahi, Neha Sharma and Aisha Sharma accompanied him but Asha was not there.

On the professional front, Asha will be next seen in Anurag Basu’s Ludo along with Fatima Sana Shaikh, Rajkummar Rao, Sanya Malhotra, Aditya Roy Kapur and others.

Meanwhile, Rithvik has been shooting for a web show and has been busy hosting a reality show on Television.

source

Entertainment

Kangana Ranaut issued bailable warrant

Published

on

A Mumbai court issued a bailable warrant against actress Kangana Ranaut on Monday after she failed to appear for the hearing of lyricist Javed Akhtar’s defamation case against her. Akhtar’s advocate Vrinda Grover then filed an immediate response asking the court to issue a non-bailable warrant against the actress.

Talking to IANS over a whatsapp text, Vrinda Grover said: “In defiance of the court’s order of 1st February, Ms. Ranaut did not appear before the court today. On the basis of Javed Akhtar’s verification statement, material evidence, including the Republic TV program where Ms. Ranaut made defamatory remarks, and the police report inquiry examining the witnesses, the Ld. Magistrate has summoned Ms. Ranaut as an accused. It is a matter of record that there is no application filed by Ms. Ranaut against this Order and no stay of proceedings in her favour. Thus, the court in accordance with law issued bailable warrants against Ms. Ranaut on my submissions. The defamation complaint filed by Mr. Javed Akhtar shall now proceed to the next stage in law.”

Akhtar had filed a defamation case against Ranaut after she accused him on a national news channel of being part of a “coterie” in Bollywood. She made the comment after the death of Sushant Singh Rajput last year.

The Andheri metropolitan magistrate had issued a bailable warrant on February 1, asking Kangana to appear on March 1.

When contacted, the actress’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiqui said, “I have already challenged. I appeared in the court today before the judge. I have told the judge very categorically that the process of law is not being followed. Section 200 compliance is not being done. The judge knows that I will be quashing the entire proceedings. I will either apply for revision or quashing. Most probably I will be going for quashing. Therefore the judge has given the date of March 26.”

Explaining what Section 200 means and why the proceeding from Javed Akhtar’s side are incomplete, Siddiqui said: “Section 200 is when you file a private complaint, saying ‘I am Javed Akhtar and this has what has happened to me and I have got four witnesses and I name these witnesses in the complaint. So, my verification oath has to be done as well as for all witnesses’. In this case only Javed Akhtar’s verification oath was done, whereas no verification oath was done for other witnesses. So, this is a mandatory provision. I am challenging the whole thing.”

Will the actress be appearing in court on March 26?

“I really don’t think so, but can’t say. We will see while building the case up, exactly what the requirements are. But 99.9 per cent she won’t be making an appearance,” said Rizwan.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amitabh Bachchan undergoes cataract surgery: Reports

Published

on

Although there has been no official confirmation, unconfirmed reports have stated that Bollywood veteran Amitabh Bachchan has undergone cataract surgery. The reports add that the star will be back home in 24 hours.

“It was nothing, just a cataract surgery. Amitabh Bachchan will be home in the next 24 hours,” a source close to the actor revealed, according to the entertainment portal Bollywood Hungama.

The veteran actor wrote about going in for surgery on his blog on Saturday night.

“Medical condition .. surgery .. can’t write,” wrote the 78-year-old actor.

However, he did not elaborate on the medical condition or talk about the procedure which he was to undergo. Worried fans took to social media to wish the actor a quick recovery.

Last year, Big B had been admitted to hospital after contracting Covid-19, along with son Abhishek, daughter-in-law Aishwarya, and grand-daughter Aaradhya.

The actor’s office is yet to officially confirm details.

Big B has five films coming up. His next release is Rumi Jafry’s psychological suspense drama “Chehre”, co-starring Emraan Hashmi and Rhea Chakraborty. The actor is currently busy shooting for the thriller “Mayday”, co-starring and directed by Ajay Devgn. The film also stars Rakul Preet Singh.

He will also be seen in “Sairat” maker Nagraj Manjule’s social drama “Jhund”, and Ayan Mukerji’s “Brahmastra” co-starring Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Nagarjuna and Mouni Roy. There is an untitled project co-starring Prabhas and Deepika Padukone lined up, too.

Big B recently hosted season 12 of the quiz show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.

Last year, the actor had been hospitalised after testing Covid positive, along with son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and granddaughter Aaradhya.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ayushmann Khurrana-starrer ‘Anek’ to release on Sep 17

Published

on

Ayushmann Khurrana tweeted on Monday that his film Anek will release on September 17. The film marks his return with director Anubhav Sinha after the 2019 release, Article 15.

“Naam #ANEK, lekin release date ek! Milte hai aapse 17th September 2021 ko!” Ayushmann wrote on Twitter.

The film is currently on the floors in Assam. Ayushmann’s slit eyebrow in the first look of the film has grabbed eyeballs.

Talking about his character in the film and sporting a distinct look, Ayushmann recently said: “I have been fortunate to collaborate with filmmakers who encourage me to add my creative inputs to their vision of storytelling. The eyebrow slit I am sporting in Anek was an idea I discussed with Anubhav sir. It was about creating a distinct look that the audience has never seen me in, and I am glad that people have noticed and are discussing it.”

Anek is being produced by Bhushan Kumar and Anubhav Sinha.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Delhi Wire.