Connect with us

Entertainment

Ranveer Singh to not endorse condoms, higher fee and marriage with Deepika Padukone may be the reasons

Published

on

Ranveer Singh, who has been the face of a leading condom brand Durex for the last five years, will no longer be associated with it. According to a report in Forbes India, the actor and the company have “amicably” parted ways.

Quoting a source, the report said: “Both agreed to part ways amicably.” The Gully Boy’s higher fee and his new ‘married’ status — Ranveer married actor Deepika Padukone in November last year — could have had a bearing on the termination of the contract, the report added.

Soon after Deepika and Ranveer’s wedding last year, the brand’s Twitter handle had tweeted: “We’ve got you covered. Congrats Deepika & Ranveer for officially putting a ring on it.” Ranveer and Deepika Padukone recently appeared in a new AC ad for the first time as a married couple earlier this month.

Ranveer has been on a high for a while now. After his high-profile wedding with Deepika in Italy, an event which received widespread publicity, his film Simmba released in December and went to be one of his biggest career hits. He followed it up with Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, which was both critically acclaimed and was a commercial success too. Just last week, Ranveer also launched his first independent record label IncInk and their collaboration Zeher by Kaam Bhari.

He is also preparing for his role in Kabir Khan’s ‘83 where he will be seen playing legendary cricketer Kapil Dev. The film chronicles the victory of Indian cricket team in 1983 when India lifted the world cup, beating the tournament’s favourite West Indies. Ranveer has been picking up awards for his role as Alauddin Khilji in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat.

Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Dilip Kumar health update: Actor to remain in hospital, to be discharged tomorrow

Published

on

Dilip Kumar health update: Legendary actor Dilip Kumar, who was admitted to a hospital here due to breathlessness, is stable and will continue to remain in the hospital today, the actor’s family friend said.

Dilip Kumar health update: Legendary actor Dilip Kumar, who was admitted to a hospital here due to breathlessness, is stable and will continue to remain in the hospital today, the actor’s family friend said. The 98-year-old screen icon was admitted to suburban Khar-based Hinduja Hospital, a non-COVID-19 facility, on Sunday.

Kumar, who was diagnosed with bilateral pleural effusion — a build-up of excess fluid between the layers of the pleura outside the lungs, underwent a successful pleural aspiration procedure on Wednesday.

The veteran actor was initially set to be discharged on Thursday but family friend Faisal Farooqui said it has been decided to let Kumar rest for a day at the hospital. “He is stable and he is resting at the hospital. There was an option to be discharged today but the family and the doctors decided that we should let him rest one more day in the hospital,” he said.

On Monday, Saira Banu had updated fans about Dilip Kumar’s health and asked fans and well wishers to keeep him in their prayers. Sharing the first picture of the legendary actor from the hospital, Banu requested everyone to stay away from rumours spreading on social media.

“Past few days my beloved husband, Yousuf Khan, has been unwell and recuperating at a hospital in Mumbai. Through this note, I want to thank all of you for keeping him in your prayers and for all the love and affection. My husband, my Kohinoor, our Dilip Kumar Sahab’s health is stable and doctors have assured me that he should be discharged soon. I urge you to not believe in rumors. While I ask you to pray for Sahab’s health, I am praying that the Almighty keep all of you safe and healthy during this pandemic. Sincerely Saira Banu Khan.”

The Hindi cinema veteran, whose career spans over five decades with hits like “Mughal-e-Azam”, “Devdas”, “Naya Daur”, and “Ram Aur Shyam”, was admitted to the same hospital last month for a regular health check-up. Kumar’s last big screen appearance was the 1998 film “Qila”.

-with inputs from PTI

Source : IndiaTvNews

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Priyanka Chopra Jonas is back on the red carpet

Published

on

Priyanka Chopra Jonas has always managed to stir a conversation around her fashion choices. The actress never fails to impress with her bold style choices made headlines at the recently held Billboard Music Awards.

PeeCee’s appearance at the event held at the Microsoft theatre in Los Angeles, US, garnered a lot of attention, thanks to her ultra-glamorous look. She wore a custom Dolce & Gabbana dress, inspired by the brands Fall 2007 collection. The sheer gold ensemble featured a thigh-high slit and an accentuated waistline thanks a metallic gold belt by Dior.

Diet Sabya has called her out for wearing a brand which (Dolce & Gabbana) was boycotted in 2018 by many for being “racist” and many ditched the brand altogether as part of the ‘cancel culture’. Be that as it may it doesn’t take away from her turning heads on one of the rare red carpet outings that fashion addicts have had the pleasure to see this season.

Priyanka teamed the nude gown with a classic jewels by Bulgari wearing a Serpenti bracelet, diamond drop earrings, and rings. Strappy metallic sandals, soft smokey eyes and silky hair extensions completed the transformation.

Also spotted at the event was Indian-American TV personality and author Padma Lakshmi, who wore a Christian Siriano pantsuit covered in crystals. Lakshmi chose to go shirtless beneath her plunging blazer. She accessorised the look with a layered, dainty silver necklaces by Jacquie Aiche and added a sparkly silver clutch.

Priyanka was also on the cover of Australian fashion glossy ‘Vogue’. Feeling comfortable in her skin, Priyanka looked incredible in a black gown which showed off what she has referred to as her “now body”.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Before ‘The Family Man 2’ we never were the sequel kind of people: Raj and DK

Published

on

The second season of their popular web series “The Family Man” sure marks a first for the filmmaker duo of Raj and DK.

“We have not been the ‘sequel kind of people’ until now. The Family Man season 2 is literally the first time that we are continuing something from where we stopped. We will have to get around to doing more sequels soon, I suppose,” says Krishna DK, who prefers going by the name DK in the professional circuit, about co-helming the extension of a story on screen for the first time.

The second season of their 2019 espionage action thriller series premieres on June 4. Manoj Bajpayee returns in the starring role of NIA agent Srikant Tiwari, along with Priyamani, Sharib Hashmi, Sharad Kelkar, Sunny Hinduja and Shreya Dhanwanthary in pivotal roles.

The casting that particularly seems to excite Raj and DK is of South actress Samantha star, who makes her digital debut as antagonist in the new season. She plays a terrorist named Raji.

“Samantha brings a whole new flavour to The Family Man because she is playing something she has never played before, a completely 180-degree contrast to what she has done earlier. She brings in a very power-packed female character that is way stronger than people would think. She brings in a really strong punch to the story,” says Raj Nidimoru about the season’s highlight casting.

He adds that there wasn’t much scope to monitor season one’s reception in order to change the new season. “We had started shooting and writing (season two) even before season one came out. So, we didn’t have to worry about writing it based on response. We were fine except maybe like a five per cent tweak,” Raj reveals.

While not much is being revealed about the story of the second season, Raj and DK, who hail from Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, tell you the setting is a region they are “kind of familiar with”.

“Season two is more personal and a lot more intense. Season two is also kind of closer to heart because the focus shifts to a region we are kind of familiar with,” Raj says.

The setting and the storyline will usher novelty but the director duo have ensured the tone of the show remains the same. “The tone and intention of season one is true to season two — essentially, that is the spirit of the show. It’s just that because the story moves to a different region of India, the realities of that region come to light. The various elements including the politics of the region, comes to light,” DK says of the show, which returns on Amazon Prime.

Will there be more seasons of the series after the second? “We have lots of stories (for more seasons) but it is up to the platform, up to Amazon, to figure when and what to do,” Raj grins.

For now, their immediate focus after the launch of season two of the series is their pending projects. There is a series coming up with Shahid Kapoor, plus a couple of film assignments.

“We have a couple of films we were planning to do before the pandemic hit, so now we are trying to pick up the pieces and figure out how, when and all that stuff,” Raj sums up.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Delhi Wire.