Connect with us

Politics

Pass Class 10, 12 students based on internal marks, reduce syllabus of JEE, NEET: Delhi urges Centre

Published

on

As the nationwide lockdown due to the deadly coronavirus seems to remain for a little longer, the Delhi government on Tuesday suggested the Centre to promote Class 10 and 12 students based on internal exams marks.

Due to the lockdown, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will not be able to conduct nationwide exams so the students should be passed on the basis of internal marks, Delhi government contended.

Delhi government also urged the Centre to reduce 30 per cent in the syllabus for all classes and also in the courses in JEE and NEET exams apart from other higher education exams.

Taking it to Twitter, Delhi education minister Manish Sisodia told, “I joined a discussion today with the Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Ji and other education ministers of the country and made the following suggestions.”

“It will not be possible to conduct the remaining exams of CBSE 10th and 12th so children should be passed on the basis of internal exams as children of 9th and 11th have been passed,” he said.

“For the next year, the entire syllabus should be reduced by at least 30 per cent and the entrance examinations of JEE, NEET and other higher education institutions should also be taken on the basis of the reduced syllabus,” he wrote.

“Delhi government has asked for three hours daily on Doordarshan and AIR FM so that teachers of Delhi government can run on-air classes for all children,” he added.

Covid-19 cases in Delhi have reached close to 3000 mark with 54 deaths reported. The overall cases in India have approached close to 30,000 mark with 937 deaths.

Earlier, in the day, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has sanctioned a loan amount of $1.5 billion to support the fight against coronavirus.

Politics

12 Rajya Sabha MPs suspended for ‘violent behaviour’ in previous Parliament session

Published

on

File | Source : Krishi Jagran

12 Opposite MPs were suspended from the Rajya Sabha for the remainder of the Winter Session because of ‘uncontrollable conduct’ during the Monsoon Session of Parliament.

The authority notice said, “This House takes cognizance and firmly sentences the absolute negligence to the power of the Chair, complete maltreatment of rules of the House steadily accordingly wilfully hindering the matter of House through their exceptional demonstrations of offense, derisive, rowdy and fierce conduct and purposeful assaults on security workforce on the last day of 254th Session of Rajya Sabha for example August 11.”

Rundown OF SUSPENDED MPs

1. Elamaram Kareem (CPM)

2. Phulo Devi Netam (INC)

3. Chhaya Verma (INC)

4. Ripun Bora (INC)

5. Binoy Viswam (CPI)

6. Rajamani Patel (INC)

7. Dola Sen (TMC)

8. Shanta Chhetri (TMC)

9. Syed Nasir Hussain (INC)

10. Priyanka Chaturvedi (Shiv Sena)

11. Anil Desai (Shiv Sena)

12. Akhilesh Prasad Singh (INC)

Because of consistent interruptions and intermissions as the Opposition fought over the Pegasus sneaking around line and the three ranch laws, the Monsoon Session of Parliament finished two days sooner than what was planned for August.

On the last day of the meeting, Opposition MPs purportedly jumped on the authorities’ table, waved dark material and tossed records when the House started a conversation on ranchers’ dissent against new change laws. They likewise purportedly mauled the security staff

Notwithstanding, the Opposition affirmed that their MPs were messed up by the security faculty.

Following this, Rajya Sabha executive Venkaiah Naidu and Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla had chosen to embrace a definite assessment of such rowdy scenes previously and the future game-plan in such cases.

Continue Reading

News

Navjot Singh Sidhu resigns as Punjab Congress chief

Published

on

Navjot Singh Sindhu who had been appointed President of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee on 23rd July had resigned from the party. This incident just took place just before Punjab’s former prime minister Amarinder Singh came on a visit to Delhi. In his letter after resignation he mentioned he might have resigned as a President but he cares about the welfare of the people of Punjab and he will continue to serve Congress.

Continue Reading

Politics

“Nothing Political”: Sonu Sood, Arvind Kejriwal Meet For A Delhi Scheme

Published

on

Arvind Kejriwal, whose AAP is the majority opposition in Punjab, also did not comment on Mr Sood’s possible entry into politics, and instead stressed his “inspiring” work.

New Delhi: 

Actor Sonu Sood on Friday played down talk of his political debut ahead of Assembly elections in Punjab next year, following speculation that either he or his sister – Malvika Sachar, a well-known social activist in the state’s Moga area – could contest on a Congress ticket.

Mr Sood was interacting with Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for ‘Desh ke Mentor‘ – a programme to guide students in government-run schools.

‘Sonu Soodji has been agreed to be a brand ambassador of our soon-to-be-launched ‘Desh ke Mentor‘ programme. It is matter of joy for us,” Mr Kejriwal said at the event.

When asked about his potential entry into politics, Sonu Sood told reporters “politics was not discussed… this is a bigger issue than that”.

“There was nothing political… I have always been saying this. Politics was not discussed. This is a bigger issue… I don’t think there can be a bigger issue,” he said, adding, “People always say, ‘If you want to do good work then come to politics …’ It is a wonderful field… but we didn’t discuss.”

Mr Kejriwal, whose Aam Aadmi Party is the majority opposition party in Punjab, also did not comment on Mr Sood’s possible entry into politics, and instead stressed on his “inspiring” work.

“Sonu Sood is an inspiration for the entire nation… Anywhere in the country, if someone is in trouble, (he) contacts and helps them. This is (his) wonder and charisma,” Mr Kejriwal said as he appointed Mr Sood as the brand ambassador for the programme.

The Delhi government’s ‘Education Mentoring Programme’ is part of its ‘Youth for Education’ initiative, and will see over 200 B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD students from the Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University mentor around 1,000 school students.

The actor took to Twitter to say he is “honoured and humbled” to be the brand ambassador for the programme.

Announcing the programme in May, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, who is also the Education Minister, said he hoped it would lead the way for more women in science.

“Although our nation is seeing major innovations in every field… these are mostly led by men. The participation of women is abysmal … especially in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects”, he said.

Mr Sood also discussed ‘Pravasi Rojagar‘ – an online job portal he set up to help migrant labourers.

“I was connected with the 7.5 lakh migrants. I had their data… Whenever I sent some home, I used to ask if they were coming back. They told me that they would if they got jobs. They were scared (thinking) parents might stop them from going back to (cities) where they worked,” he explained.

The popular actor helped hundreds of migrant workers (mainly from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh) return home after they were left stranded during last year’s Covid lockdown.

He has also provided financial assistance to around 400 families of migrant workers, and helped people during the oxygen crisis that marked the second wave of infections.

“I’ve decided to help families of the deceased or injured migrants for them to have a secure future. I feel it’s my personal responsibility to support them,” he was quoted by news agency PTI.

 

He even launched a toll-free helpline number to help those who needed assistance.

With input from ANI, PTI

Source: NdTv

 

 

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.