Two days after India announced the success of Mission Shakti, Russia has asked New Delhi to join international efforts to ensure that outer space is not weaponised. It has referred to a Russian-Chinese draft treaty that is aimed at preventing weaponisation of outer space while offering India to join the efforts of “like-minded nations”.
“Russia intends to continue to make necessary effort to prevent an arms race in outer space,” reads a statement issued by the country, as reported by news agency ANI, in response to successful test of anti-satellite missile by India on Wednesday.
“The idea of developing a multilateral legally binding instrument for keeping outer space peaceful based on the Russian-Chinese draft treaty with support of a group of like-minded nations to prevent weaponization of outer space, the use or threat of force against space objects as well as multilateral initiative – political obligations not to be first to place weapons in space are becoming particularly important,” Russia said in the statement, according to ANI.
“We offer our Indian partners to actively join these joint efforts of the international community,” Russian statement said.
On March 27, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that India has entered the elite club of nations to possess the capability to hit a target in space. India had shot down a live satellite in the Low Earth Orbit (LEO), a reference to altitude less than 2,000 km. The other countries with such capability are the US, Russia and China.
Russia has blamed the “destructive actions of the United States”, ANI reported, for the “architecture of international security and strategic stability” situation that led to A-SAT test by India.
“We have to state that this action of India has been largely the result of the substantially degraded situation in the field of arms control,” the statement said.
According to ANI, Russia highlighted “the nondirectedness of this test against any specific country declared by the Indian leadership, as well as the reassurance of the continuity of New Delhi foreign policy to prevent the deployment of weapons in outer space and thereby the development of an arms race in it”.
Earlier, the US had expressed concern about space debris following the anti-satellite (A-SAT) test carried out by India and said it expected that it does not endanger others’ equipment.
Acting US Defence Secretary Shanahan on Wednesday said space should be a place to conduct business with “freedom to operate”.
China, on its part, expressed hope on Thursday that all countries can take “real actions” to maintain lasting peace and stability in the outer space.
Soon after the announcement made by PM Modi in a televised address to the nation, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), in a statement, said India has no intention of entering into an arms race in outer space. The MEA statement asserted that “space must be used only for peaceful purposes”.
Shraddha Murder Case: Police found spinal cord, 10 body parts recovered so far from the forest
The bones of Shraddha found by the Delhi Police in the forest of Mehrauli belong to the back part of the body. About 10 such body parts have been found so far, including the reed bone. Apart from this, some bones have also been recovered from the drain.
Delhi Police has received 10 parts of the body including the lower part of the spinal cord. The police have also found blood stains in the kitchen of the flat, whose samples have been sent for examination to find out whose the blood stains are.
Aftab had cleaned the fridge with chemicals so that when caught, he could spoil the forensic investigation. Delhi Police will soon call Shraddha’s father for a DNA sample. After which blood sample and bone sample will be sent to FLS, after which FSL will do a DNA test.
After the investigation so far, the police suspect that Shraddha’s body was dismembered in the bathroom after the murder. Along with this, the accused used to leave the water running from the shower so that the dead body could be easily cut and blood flowed. The FSL team along with Aftab was present during the investigation at his flat.
Fog will be seen in Delhi’s sky from tomorrow, cold will increase with drop in temperature!
After the passing of half of November, there is a rapid change in the weather. The country’s capital Delhi is feeling cold in the morning and evening, while the temperature is rising in the afternoon. However, a change in the weather can be seen in the coming days. According to IMD, the cold may increase in Delhi from tomorrow i.e. 17 November with a drop in temperature.
Delhi’s temperature condition
According to weather experts, in the next few days, icy winds will blow in the northwest direction, due to which Delhi’s temperature will drop and the cold will increase. Talking about the temperature, on November 17, the minimum temperature can be 12 degrees Celsius and the maximum temperature can be 27 degree Celsius. Two days ago i.e. on November 15, the minimum temperature was recorded at 15 degrees and the maximum temperature was 30 degrees. At the same time, there is a possibility of further decline in it for the next two days. On November 18, the minimum temperature can reach 11 °C and the maximum temperature can reach 26 °C.
In Delhi, 37 lakh people apply for power subsidy
After the 15-day-expansion by the Delhi government to select for the power subsidy scheme finished Tuesday, just three lakh individuals applied during the augmentation time frame. From September 14 till Tuesday night, 37,13,179 individuals applied to keep on benefiting from the subsidy scheme.
In spite of the fact that authorities are guaranteeing that a decent level of individuals has applied, the information shows a distinction of around 10 lakh customers when contrasted with a year ago. As per the information, around 46.8 lakh individuals profited from the advantage under the plan in 2021-22.
“This was the normal number of individuals who get the advantage, and the people who go under the 200 unit class probably applied. Likewise, the number varies as a few purchasers get the financed bill during winters and the number descends in summer as individuals use ACs, coolers, and fans,” said a senior authority from the power office.
He added that individuals who got sponsored bills under 400 units during winter should not have applied. “In any case, they can, in any case, apply before their next charging cycle and profit from the subsidy scheme,” said the official.
Enter your email address to get latest updates