Connect with us

News

North Korea urges US to resume talks, warns ‘patience has a limit’

Published

on

Four months into the stalled denuclearisation talks between the United States and North Korea following the failed Hanoi summit, Pyongyang has once again urged Washington to reflect upon the “correct strategic choice” to resume talks before its patience wears down, state media reported.

In a statement carried by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday, a spokesperson for North Korea’s foreign ministry has urged the US to “drop its current way of calculation” to keep alive the agreement they reached during their first summit in June last year.

“Whether the June 12 DPRK-US Joint Statement will remain effective or turn out to be a mere blank sheet of paper will now be determined by how the US would respond to our fair and reasonable stand,” Yonhap news agency quoted the spokesperson, as saying.

“The US should duly look back on the past one year and cogitate about which will be a correct strategic choice before it is too late. The US would be well-advised to change its current method of calculation and respond to our request as soon as possible. There is a limit to our patience,” he added.

A similar call by North Korea was made in April when leader Kim Jong-Un had said that he would wait for Washington’s “courageous decision” until the end of this year.

Talks between the two countries hit a roadblock after the second summit in Vietnam ended abruptly with no joint statement being released. The two sides reportedly failed to resolve their differences on sanctions waivers.

North Korea has since launched multiple projectiles as a sign of their apparent frustration regarding the stalled talks and continuing sanctions.

Tensions between the two countries briefly heightened recently after the US seized one of its cargo ships on the suspicion of shipping coal and other goods in violation of global sanctions on the regime.

Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

17-year-old boy apprehended in Delhi for stalking girls on Instagram.

Published

on

A 17-year-old boy has been apprehended by the Delhi Police for allegedly stalking a number of minor girls on Instagram and threatening to publish their private photos.

According to the police, a father filed a complaint after becoming concerned that his 14-year-old daughter’s Instagram photos might have been shared with others.

According to the police, both the father and the daughter were counseled. The girl had shared her private photos and videos with a friend on instagram, and now the friend is pressurizing her to have more inappropriate conversations and send more of her private photos, the police said.

A case was filed based on the statement made by the minor girl.

Source: IndianExpress

Continue Reading

News

Arvind Kejriwal and Bhagwant Mann inaugurates 400 Mohalla Clinic in Amritsar

Published

on

Image: Bhagwant Mann (Twitter)

Friday, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated 400 Mohalla Clinics in Amritsar’s Putlighar.
Amritsar now has 400 mohalla clinics, bringing the total in the state to 500.

As a chief guest at the inauguration, Delhi CM Kejriwal expressed his happiness and noted that Punjab’s clinics were constructed in ten months rather than the five years it took to construct them in Delhi. He added that a lot of districts and villages will get new clinics.

“I am very happy and thankful for the citizens for believing in us. My little brother, Mann, has fulfilled another guarantee,” he said.

Kejriwal said, “Being a full state, Punjab suffers no interference from the central government unlike Delhi,” in an attack on the central government. Every village will receive more of these clinics in the coming years.”

Source: ANI

Continue Reading

News

Another Hit & Run Case: Car dragged scooty rider for 300 meters, one died

Published

on

Once again a case of hit, run, and drag has come to the fore in Delhi. One person died in this accident while the other is still admitted to the hospital. Delhi Police has arrested a total of 5 accused including the driver by registering a case under the section of culpable homicide not amounting to murder. CCTV footage of this incident has also come to the fore.

On the intervening night of Thursday-Friday, at around 3 pm, two PCR vans of Keshavpuram police station were patrolling the area. Only then the police personnel riding in it saw that a Tata Zest car hit an Activa scooty at Prerna Chowk in Kanhaiya Nagar area. Two youths were sitting on this scooty. One of the young men jumped in the air and fell on the roof of the car. At the same time, another young man jumped and got stuck between the windscreen and the bonnet of the car, while the scooty got stuck in the bumper below.

After this accident, instead of stopping the car, the accused fled from the spot, but the policemen posted in PCR caught all the 5 people in the car after chasing them for about 350 meters. During this, the policemen called the control room and informed them about the accident. The team that reached the spot took both the injured to the hospital, where one was declared brought dead by the doctors. The condition of the other youth remains critical.

Source: Aajtak

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.