Connect with us

News

No More Boozing On The Beach! Rs 2,000 Fine For Boozing, Cooking On Goa Beaches

Published

on

For traveler and youngsters, Goa is one perfect destination to get plenty of beach and booze! For some the combination of both is a paradise on earth but your love for booze on beach can now lend you in trouble.

Goa_Banned_Liquor_in_Public_Places_Image

State cabinet on 24th January, Thursday approved an amendment to the Registration of Tourist Trade act according to which drinking alcohol or cooking on Goa beaches will now be fined with Rs 2000 or upto three months’ imprisonment.

Statemets From Goa Tourism Minister

Goa Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar said that the amendment would be tabled for passing in the upcoming session of the state Assembly which begins on January 29.

Goa_Banned_Liquor_in_Public_Places-Image

We have brought this amendment for those who indulge in breaking bottles on the beach, cooking and drinking alcohol in public places like our beaches,” Ajgaonkar said.

“Nobody can drink alcohol on our beaches and tourist places any more. Bottles cannot be carried there. Food also cannot be cooked in the open. All these offences will attract a fine of Rs 2,000. If the fine is not paid, an offence can be registered. The offender can be arrested and imprisoned for three months,” Ajgaonkar said.

Those committing the offences in groups will be fined Rs 10,000.

Goa_Banned_Liquor_in_Public_Places-image

The Tourism Minister also said that once the amendments come into force, photographs of offenders would be sent over WhatsApp across to the Tourism Ministry so as to initiate action within 12 hours.

The announcement comes amid allegation of tourism and travel industry stakeholders on the government for poor vision and lack of will to attract “quality tourists” to Goa.

candolim-beach-image

In 2014 and 2015 Goa’s tourism inflow increased at above 30% and the number was taken from a little above 30 lakh tourists annually to around 60 lakh.

In 2018, the numbers continued to grow and supposedly breached the 80 lakh figure.

The growing number have provoked fear that further increase will push good tourists away amid lack of good experience.

Source

News

Uncertainty over extension of lockdown continues, minister says decision will be taken in ‘national interest’

Published

on

The government on Sunday said the decision to extend the nationwide lockdown would be taken in the ‘national interest’ and would be declared at the right time.

The central government remained non-committal over the extension of the lockdown.

However, in Uttar Pradesh, a senior official has given a clear clue of the extension of the lockdown as the cases are dramatically on surge in the state.

“When we open the lockdown it will be after we have ensured that the state is corona free. If even one corona positive person is left, it will be very difficult to open the lockdown and that is why it may take time,” said Awanish Awasthi, Additional Chief Secretary, Uttar Pradesh.

Earlier in the day, RK Tiwari, Chief Secretary told reporters, “There is still time for the lockdown and we will review the situation and then decide.” He said the surge in cases is due to the Tablighi Jamaat members in the state.

“There are 33 districts as of now that have reported Corona cases. The lockdown may be extended in at least a dozen district that are ‘Corona sensitive’. The lockdown could be lifted in other districts that have reported no cases but inter-city movement will be restricted,” a senior official was quoted as saying by IANS.

Meanwhile, sources said that the government could continue to lockdown in cities like Gautam Buddha Nagar, Noida, Ghaziabad, Agra, Lucknow that had emerged as hotspots for Corona cases.

Contrary to this, no indication was given to imposing lockdown on country-level.

“We are monitoring the world situation every minute. A decision will be taken in the national interest. A decision in this regard will be declared at the right time,” Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said after a meeting of the Union Cabinet via video link.

“There is an empowered group of officials that is assessing the situation,” he added.

However, in Uttar Pradesh too, the speculations over the lockdown cannot be said to be veiled-off completely. Yesterday news agency PTI had quoted CM Adityanath as saying, “The lockdown will be lifted on April 15. We have to ensure that the crowding doesn’t take place. After the lockdown is lifted and if crowding takes place, all our efforts will go in vain.”

The country is in a giant health crisis after the coronavirus pandemic entered through its borders. The virus which has its epicentre in China’s Wuhan as now took the entire globe in its grip.

In India, there are over 4000 cases of COVID-19 have been reported and 109 died due to it.

source

Continue Reading

News

PM Modi’s ‘9 pm for 9 minutes’ is huge success across India

Published

on

Just as the nation, on Sunday, observed “9 pm for 9 minutes” on the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, many celebrities from different fields shared their moments of lighting up the dark, symbolically chasing away the deadly COVID-19 causing Coronavirus.

On Sunday at 9 pm for nine minutes, the common people and big shots of India alike stood up as one in lighting candles, diyas and torch lights to dispel the darkness and gloom brought by the outbreak of the deadly novel Coronavirus that has so far affected 1,225,360 people worldwide and caused 66,542 deaths while in India 3,577 cases have tested positive and 83 people succumbed to the virus.

At 9 pm India turned off its lights for 9 minutes and lit up candles and diyas as appealed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to chase away darkness and gloom brought by the outbreak of the deadly novel Coronavirus.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi had appealed to the nation to switch off lights in their houses and come together and light light candles or diyas tonight at 9 pm. PM had claimed that the move is to dispel the darkness and gloom brought by the outbreak of the deadly novel Coronavirus.

In his 11-minute message to the people, the PM termed it as an attempt to show coronavirus, the strength of Indian unity and ‘light’.

“We must all go through this darkness together. Those who are most affected by this are the poor and marginalised. To overcome this darkness, we must all unite to spread the light. Make this darkness of Coronavirus meet the light we all spread,” the Prime Minister said as India completed the first ten days of the 21-day lockdown.

source

Continue Reading

News

PM Modi’s mother Heeraben Modi steals the ‘9 pm for 9 minutes’ show

Published

on

On the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Sunday, India observed “9 pm for 9 minutes” emblematically chasing away the deadly COVID-19 causing Coronavirus.

On Sunday at 9 pm for nine minutes, along with the citizens of India and celebrities, PM Modi’s mother Heeraben Modi too took part in the iconic event and gong by the looks of it, stood out of the rest.

Well, that is the mother!

She was arguably the most enthusiastic and effervescent participant in the “9 pm for 9 minutes” as she lit up an earthen lamp as a mark of her acknowledgement of the efforts and sacrifices being made by the Corona Warriors of India.

A few days back, Heeraben Modi, nearing 100, had donated Rs 25,000 from her savings for PM-CARES fund as a token of her gratitude towards the medical fraternity.

source

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2019 Delhi Wire.