Connect with us

Entertainment

New James Bond film’s set rocked by an explosion, one crew member injured

Published

on

An explosion at Britain’s Pinewood Studios on Tuesday rocked the set of the next James Bond film, causing damage to the stage and one minor injury. The Sun newspaper said a triple blast hit the set after a stunt went wrong, taking off part of the roof and several wall panels.

One member of staff was crushed by debris falling down on him as he stood outside the studios, west of London, the tabloid said. The official James Bond account on Twitter said: “During the filming of a controlled explosion on the set of Bond 25 today at Pinewood Studios, damage was caused to the exterior of the 007 Stage.“There were no injuries on set, however one crew member outside the stage has sustained a minor injury.”

The Sun quoted a source as saying: “It was utter chaos. “There were three huge explosions and it’s blown part of the Bond stage roof off. A fireball was supposed to go through the set. That was the stunt but something has gone horribly wrong.The place is now on total lockdown.”

The film has been besieged by problems. Bond actor Daniel Craig had to undergo minor ankle surgery after an injury on set.Craig — who will play the legendary British super spy for the fifth time in the as-yet untitled film — sustained the injury during filming in Jamaica.

Oscar winner Rami Malek will play the villain in the long-awaited movie that is set to see Craig bow out after eight years as 007. The 25th edition of one of the world’s most enduring franchises will also see the return of Ralph Fiennes as Bond’s boss and French actor Lea Seydoux.

The production has been repeatedly delayed over script disputes. The delays were prompted in part by Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle’s replacement by Cary Fukunaga in September. The film is now due to open in cinemas in the United States, Britain and France on April 8, 2020.

Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s wife sends legal notice for divorce

Published

on

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s wife Aaliya Siddiqui has sent a legal notice to the actor claiming maintenance and divorce.

The notice was sent to the Sacred Games star on May 7 through email and WhatsApp due to the unavailability of speed post amid the coronavirus pandemic, lawyer for Aaliya (Anjali), Abhay Sahai said.

The lawyer also said that Nawazuddin is yet to respond to the notice.

“Mrs Siddiqui, our client, has also sent the notice through WhatsApp.”

“However, Mr Siddiqui has not responded till date. The notice has been sent claiming maintenance and divorce,” Sahai told PTI on Monday.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in his hometown Budhana, Uttar Pradesh, with his family members, where he reached on May 12 after getting the necessary permission for travel from the authorities in Maharashtra.

“Due to the recent loss of my younger sister, my mother, who is 71 years old, got anxiety attack twice. We have followed all the guidelines given by the State Government. We are #HomeQuarantined at our hometown Budhana. Please #StaySafe #StayHome, Nawazuddin tweeted on Monday.”

Sahai said he can’t divulge the details of the notice as it is confidential, but said the allegations against the actor as well as his family members are “quite serious”.

Nawazuddin and Aaliya, who got married in 2009, have two children.

Previously, the actor had a short-lived arranged marriage with Sheeba.

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘He didn’t offer, I didn’t ask’: Deepika Padukone remembers having lunch with Aamir Khan and family

Published

on

It seems like Deepika Padukone, who is in home quarantine with husband Ranveer Singh in Mumbai is missing the good old times. Amidst lockdown, she has been treating her fans with her ‘not-so-seen’ pictures.

And, today is no different. On Saturday, Deepika again took to her Instagram handle to share a throwback picture of her family having lunch with Aamir Khan.

The photo dates back to 2000 when Deepika was just 13-years-old. In the picture, Deepika is seen posing with Aamir, along with her whole family – father Prakash Padukone, mother Ujjala and sister Anisha. In the post, Deepika recalled that Aamir was having curd rice at the time and though she was hungry, she couldn’t bring herself to ask him for some.

She wrote, “Major throwback to 1st January, 2000. I was 13 & awkward. I still am. He was having lunch. Curd Rice to be precise. I was hungry, like I always am. But he didn’t offer and I didn’t ask… #random #anecdote @_aamirkhan. (sic).”

Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player. He became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championship in 1980. He was also honoured with Arjuna Award (1972) and Padma Shri (1982).

Recently, the actress also shared a picture of herself along with her sister Anisha, saying that she misses her.

On the acting front, Deepika was last seen on the big screen in Chhapaak. She will next be seen in Shakun Batra’s film, along with Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi. She will also star in Ranveer Singh’s 83.

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Go Goa Gone’ team gives social distancing message in anniversary video

Published

on

Actors like Kunal Kemmu, Vir Das and Anand Tiwari celebrated seven years of their hit film Go Goa Gone with a video carrying the message of social distancing in times of the coronavirus pandemic.

The zombie apocalypse action comedy film was directed by Raj and DK. It also featured Saif Ali Khan and Puja Gupta.

“7 years of Go Goa Gone!! On this Mother’s Day as go goa gone completes 7 years. The boys and girl wanted to thank Mother Nature for providing us with so many amazing things including. #babajikibooti P.s : it’s home made.. even the video,” Kunal captioned the over two-minute video that he posted on social media on Sunday.

The video promotes washing hands, maintaining social distance and wearing masks.

It left the fans impressed but they all demanded for the film’s sequel.

In January this year, Kunal had said the sequel to Go Goa Gone had been going through logistical issues and hence the project couldn’t take off over the past few years.

Asked when shooting for the film would possibly begin, Kunal had replied: “It’s my question, too, because I have also read the announcement. Other than that, I don’t have any knowledge. They (makers of the film) announced Go Goa Gone 2 twice in the last three years. There are logistical issues. Till the time we don’t start shooting for the film, I will not believe it, because in the past two years I have been excited about that film on different levels and it’s very close to my heart.”

source

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2019 Delhi Wire.