Connect with us

Entertainment

Karan Johar breaks silence on Hardik Pandya’s Koffee with Karan controversy

Published

on

Karan Johar, host of celebrity chat show Koffee with Karan, has finally spoken about Hardik Pandya’s comments on his show and why he felt responsible for what happened. The director-producer-host spoke to ET Now and also explained how no one on his show, including the women crew members, at that time felt uncomfortable with Hardik’s answers.

Cricketers Hardik and KL Rahul came under fire for certain comments they made during the show, which were seen by some as disrespectful to women. Disciplinary action has been taken against them.

“I have to say that I feel very responsible because it was my show, it was my platform. I invited them as guests and so the ramifications and repercussion of the show are my responsibility. I have had so many sleepless nights just wondering about how I can undo this damage, who is going to listen to me. It’s now gone into a zone which is beyond my control,” Karan said.

Karan admitted that their comments were inappropriate, but he also said that he didn’t think about what was happening. “I have to say and I don’t defend myself when I say this. I have to say that the questions that I asked the two boys are the questions I ask everyone including women. Deepika (Padukone) and Alia (Bhatt) were on the show, I asked them those questions. I have no control about the answers that come my way.”

Speaking about the backlash that KL Rahul and Hardik have received over the controversial episode, Karan said, “I regret what has happened to them. And, then there was talk about me actually enjoying the TRP, I don’t care about the TRP.

He also added that he is not in any way trying to justify the comments made on his show, but instead pointed out, “I am just saying that I think that perhaps things were said that may have crossed boundaries and I apologise because it was my platform from where it happened. I feel the boys have faced the price for it already.”

Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Salman Khan unveils cover of Kabir Bedi’s memoir

Published

on

Actor Kabir Bedi launched the book cover of his forthcoming memoir “Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Life Of An Actor”. The cover was digitally launched by actor Salman Khan on Facebook on Wednesday.

In his interaction with Salman, Bedi narrated a series of fascinating anecdotes that he has penned in the book.

Wishing luck to Kabir Bedi for the book, Salman said: “Your personality as a star and human being is pure, so whatever comes out from this book would be straight from your heart and soul. It is going to be a beautiful read and I wish that a lot of people will learn from your experiences shared.”

Bedi said at the event: “It is indeed a special moment for me to have GQ and Salman Khan unveil the cover of my book. GQ represents the best style. And Salman is a person who has a heart of gold and one who has been a good friend to me. My book is the story of a middle class boy from Delhi who becomes an international star. It’s also about the successes I’ve seen, the emotional traumas I’ve suffered, how I survived the worst of them, and found fulfilment in the end.”

“Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Life Of An Actor” is about the highs and lows of Kabir Bedi’s professional and personal life, his tumultuous relationships, including marriage and divorce, why his beliefs have changed, his wrenching setbacks, his exciting days in India, Europe, and Hollywood, and how he made India proud.

The book is scheduled to be published with Westland Publications on April 19.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Strings singer Faisal Kapadia: ‘Still speechless when I think of love we got from India

Published

on

Faisal Kapadia is “celebrating right now”. The singer of the iconic rock band Strings, which last week announced its break-up after going strong for 33 years, reveals a bittersweet tone of voice as he speaks. It wasn’t an “easy decision” for him, or Bilal Siddiqui — the other half of the original band — to “end the journey”. But, as Faisal puts it, the timing couldn’t have been better.

“Bilal and I have had this discussion of when do we finish it. Of course, we could have gone on to play till we were 65-year-olds but then we didn’t really want it to come to a point where it started feeling like a chore, or we started getting bored. We didn’t want it to come to a point where we just didn’t enjoy music anymore,” he adds.

Hence, the decision “to pull the plug” was taken, not just because the band was worried about getting to a point where they would stop enjoying making music, but also because they realised that there’s a lot they were missing out on, and it was time to go “beyond concerts, music and Strings”.

“Pandemic in a way helped us to get that perspective. It wasn’t as if we didn’t enjoy our tours and concerts. But for the last 30 years that’s all that we did, and we missed all our kids growing up. They are now about to graduate and go to college, and suddenly we realised there’s this whole other life that we are missing out on,” he says.

“The decision to pull the plug, when there is life in it is very difficult. I am celebrating right now, but a roof that was there for 33 years is now suddenly gone. But we had to do it someday, and this was the best time I feel, because there’s much to life beyond just concerts, music and Strings,” he says.

The reaction of people, ever since the announcement, been “overwhelming and so surprising to see”, Faisal says. Many have signed an online petition asking the band for one last performance.

“Usually the kind of love (we got after announcing the break-up) people get after they die. But we got to see it while we are alive and I am just so thankful and so grateful for all of that. It has been the most overwhelming and the most humbling experience (to see the kind of reaction we got). It was something we did not anticipate at all,” he says.

One of the many memories during this “journey” that lasted more than three decades that Faisal has, is the amount of love the band received from across the border in India — especially since they released their third album “Duur” in 2000, after the band’s seven-year hiatus.

“I am still speechless when I think about the kind of love we got from India. They never ever made us feel like we were outsiders or we were from Pakistan. In fact when they learnt that a Pakistani band called Strings was performing, they started making more noise and they started enjoying more!” he recalls.

“And then we got to work with some amazing human beings and some awesome musicians like Hariharan, Indian Ocean, Sona Mohapatra and so many others. It was just beautiful, the entire journey,” he recalls.

While the band journey ends here, Bilal and Faisal’s individual journeys go on as musicians.

“I haven’t spoken to Bilal honestly about what he is going to do, but I think he wants to explore the world of music production,” he says.

“As for me, I am yet to go to that bookstore and pick up the book about my life where I can know what my next chapter is going to be. I am still processing all this as of now, and I have to yet figure out what I want to really do. Of course I have been doing music for over 40 years now, so I won’t just stop doing that,” he signs off on an open-ended note, just as the band’s timeless songs often do.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hrithik Roshan reiterates his love for dance in new post

Published

on

Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan has reiterated his love for dance in his latest social media post.

Hrithik shared a string of pictures of his performance at an award event.

For caption, the actor wrote: “I love dancing.”

On the work front, Hrithik will reportedly play the lead in an Indian adaptation of the popular English series “The Night Manager”. He will play an Indian version of the Jonathan Pine character, essayed by Tom Hiddleston in the original 2016 limited series based on the 1993 novel by John Le Carre.

The Indian adaptation will start shooting in Mumbai in April.

source: The Statesman

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Delhi Wire.