A total of 3,320 more people have tested positive for Coronavirus in the past 24 hours across the nation, taking the number of confirmed cases to 59,662 on Saturday. As many as 95 fatalities have been reported in the same period taking the death toll to 1,981
Of the total number, there are 39,834 active cases while 17,846 patients have been cured of the deadly infection.
Meanwhile, the Central government has changed its policy on discharge of COVID-19 patients from care facilities, and only severe cases will now be tested before they are discharged. The new rules come into effect as India braces for a jump in cases, with mathematical modeling showing the peak of infections may come in June-July.
Maharashtra remains the worst hit state with the total number of cases rising to 19,063, followed by Gujarat which has reported 7,402 cases. Delhi has reported 6,318 cases and Tamil Nadu 6,009 cases, according to the Health Ministry data.
Maharashtra has also recorded 731 deaths so far, the highest number of casualties among all the states.
Other states which have jumped the 3,000 mark are Madhya Pradesh (3,341), Rajasthan (3,579), Tamil Nadu (6,009) and Uttar Pradesh (3,214).
Among other major cities, Andhra Pradesh has reported 1,887 and 41 deaths, Bihar stood at 571 cases and five deaths, Haryana at 647 and eight deaths, Jammu and Kashmir at 823 cases and nine deaths, Karnataka at 753 and 30 deaths and Kerala was docked at 503 and four deaths.
States which have reported less than 10 cases are — Tripura, Mizoram, Puducherry, Manipur, Goa and Arunanchal Pradesh.
On Friday, the Government had said that India’s recovery rate against COVID-19 coronavirus has risen to 29.36 per cent.
Addressing a press briefing on the COVID-19 situation in the country, Health Ministry, Joint Secretary, Lav Agarwal said that “If we will follow the required do’s and don’ts, we may not achieve the peak in Coronavirus cases.” “There is always a possibility to witness spike in cases if we do not take the required precautions and follow processes,” he said.
The government official further stressed on the need to “learn to live with the virus”.
“Today, when we are talking of relaxations and return of migrant workers, we have to understand that we also have to learn to live with the virus. The preventive guidelines against the virus need to be implemented as behavioral changes,” said Lav Agrawal.
India is under an extended period of lockdown since March 24, which will continue till May 17, although with some relaxations in orange and green zones. However, all businesses and movement of people in containment spots and red zones are prohibited.
On the global front, the total number of Coronavirus cases are about to touch the four million mark and over two lakh people have died due to the virus till now.
4 arrested for sexual assault of spa employee
Delhi Police captured four individuals after a worker of a spa center in Delhi’s Pitampura claimed she was molested and sexually exploited by its manager and a client.
A 22-year-old woman complained of rape in a spa center at Delhi’s Pitampura on Thursday.
Authorities from Maurya Enclave police station hurried to the spot and started the examination.
“On August 4, a PCR call was gotten at PS Maurya Enclave in regards to rape with a lady at a Spa Center, Pitampura Delhi. The police promptly arrived at the spot (the ocean spa center) where a victim aged 22 years along with her husband were present external the spa center and complained in regards to rape on her by the manager of the spa center and client,” said police.
She was sent to the hospital for her clinical assessment. A counselor from DCW visited her.
“She expressed that on June 30 she joined the spa on August 4 at around 6 p.m. one client came there along with the manager Rahul and requested sexual favors. Rahul offered her a soft drink, after drinking it she felt tipsy and both raped her,” said police.
A case under Sections 354A/328/376 D of IPC was registered and both the accused persons were arrested.
Gold medalist boxer became a robber in Delhi, arrested with two companions
A burglary group has been busted in Delhi. A boxer was likewise remembered for this posse, who has additionally won gold decorations in certain contests. This posse of three individuals used to complete stealing from Baba Haridas Nagar of Delhi.
The group had looted a lady’s mobile phone in Baba Haridas Nagar on August 1. when the lady was getting back from work. The lady had let in her protest know that three unidentified individuals who had come on the motorcycle grabbed her mobile phone and took off. The police began the examination of the matter. Some CCTVs were additionally checked and individuals around were likewise addressed.
Then, at that point, on August 4, two individuals wandering in a similar region were gotten by the police. The first gave his name as Ankit (age 19 years) who hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. The other’s name is Shivam Kumar who lives in Sainik Enclave. He is additionally 19 years of age. The third is being told as a minor. The person who is there Ankit is a boxer. During interrogation, a stolen cell phone was also recovered from them.
Unclaimed Bag, Tiffin Box in Delhi’s Rohini Spark Alarm But Nothing Suspicious Found
An unclaimed bag was found in Rohini region in delhi on Thursday, sending the security organizations like the special cell and bomb detection team soon to reach the spot and launched an investigation, police said.
After a careful review of the area, nothing suspicious was tracked down.
As per authorities, An unclaimed bag was tracked down in the parking lot close to DC Chowk, Rohini Sector-9.
A bomb identification and removal crew and sniffer canines had looked through the area, but it turned out to be a false alarm.
Delhi | Suspicious object found in Rohini, police personnel on the spot. Further details awaited pic.twitter.com/FmNQqEKcPE
— ANI (@ANI) August 4, 2022
Enter your email address to get latest updates