New Delhi: India carried out pre-dawn air strikes on terror training camps across the Line of Control on Tuesday, two weeks after 40 soldiers were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir’s Pulwama. At around 3:30 this morning, 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force dropped 1,000 kg bombs on terror camps of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen.
Sources told NDTV that the strikes were “100 per cent successful” and went on “exactly as planned”. Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with top ministers in the cabinet committee on security at his home in Delhi, after which Home Minister Rajnath Singh flashed a thumbs-up sign at reporters.
Terror launch pads across the Line of Control were destroyed by the laser-guided bombs and so were control rooms of the Jaish, reported ANI. The operation lasted around 19 minutes, say sources.
“Credible information was received that JeM was attempting other attacks in the country. A pre-emptive strike became absolutely necessary. India struck the biggest camp of JeM in Balakot,” Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale told reporters in a brief statement.
“The military has taken this necessary step for the country’s security. It was an act of extreme valour. PM Modi had earlier given the armed forces the freedom to take action. Today, the entire country is with the forces,” Union Minister Prakash Javadekar told reporters in the first official acknowledgement of the operation.
Pakistan claimed that the “no infrastructure was hit” and tried to downplay the impact. “Indian aircrafts’ intrusion across LOC in Muzaffarabad Sector within AJ&K was 3-4 miles. Under forced hasty withdrawal aircrafts released payload which had free fall in open area. No infrastructure got hit, no casualties,” tweeted Major General Asif Ghafoor of the Inter-Services Public Relations.
The Air Force has put on high alert all air defence systems along the international border and the Line of Control, the news agency reported.
India carried out the strikes two weeks after the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama, in which over 40 soldiers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed when a suicide bomber of the Jaish-e-Mohammed exploded a car full of bombs next to a security convoy.
The Jaish-e-Mohammed, which is led by Masood Azhar, had claimed responsibility for the February 14 attack and had also posted videos of the bomber, who had joined the terror group a year ago.
On September 29, 2016, the army had carried out surgical strikes on seven terrorist launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in retaliation to an attack on its base in Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri earlier that month.
Soon after the Pulwama terror attack, India had appealed to the international community to back the naming of Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar as a “UN designated terrorist”.
Shraddha Murder Case: Police found spinal cord, 10 body parts recovered so far from the forest
The bones of Shraddha found by the Delhi Police in the forest of Mehrauli belong to the back part of the body. About 10 such body parts have been found so far, including the reed bone. Apart from this, some bones have also been recovered from the drain.
Delhi Police has received 10 parts of the body including the lower part of the spinal cord. The police have also found blood stains in the kitchen of the flat, whose samples have been sent for examination to find out whose the blood stains are.
Aftab had cleaned the fridge with chemicals so that when caught, he could spoil the forensic investigation. Delhi Police will soon call Shraddha’s father for a DNA sample. After which blood sample and bone sample will be sent to FLS, after which FSL will do a DNA test.
After the investigation so far, the police suspect that Shraddha’s body was dismembered in the bathroom after the murder. Along with this, the accused used to leave the water running from the shower so that the dead body could be easily cut and blood flowed. The FSL team along with Aftab was present during the investigation at his flat.
Fog will be seen in Delhi’s sky from tomorrow, cold will increase with drop in temperature!
After the passing of half of November, there is a rapid change in the weather. The country’s capital Delhi is feeling cold in the morning and evening, while the temperature is rising in the afternoon. However, a change in the weather can be seen in the coming days. According to IMD, the cold may increase in Delhi from tomorrow i.e. 17 November with a drop in temperature.
Delhi’s temperature condition
According to weather experts, in the next few days, icy winds will blow in the northwest direction, due to which Delhi’s temperature will drop and the cold will increase. Talking about the temperature, on November 17, the minimum temperature can be 12 degrees Celsius and the maximum temperature can be 27 degree Celsius. Two days ago i.e. on November 15, the minimum temperature was recorded at 15 degrees and the maximum temperature was 30 degrees. At the same time, there is a possibility of further decline in it for the next two days. On November 18, the minimum temperature can reach 11 °C and the maximum temperature can reach 26 °C.
In Delhi, 37 lakh people apply for power subsidy
After the 15-day-expansion by the Delhi government to select for the power subsidy scheme finished Tuesday, just three lakh individuals applied during the augmentation time frame. From September 14 till Tuesday night, 37,13,179 individuals applied to keep on benefiting from the subsidy scheme.
In spite of the fact that authorities are guaranteeing that a decent level of individuals has applied, the information shows a distinction of around 10 lakh customers when contrasted with a year ago. As per the information, around 46.8 lakh individuals profited from the advantage under the plan in 2021-22.
“This was the normal number of individuals who get the advantage, and the people who go under the 200 unit class probably applied. Likewise, the number varies as a few purchasers get the financed bill during winters and the number descends in summer as individuals use ACs, coolers, and fans,” said a senior authority from the power office.
He added that individuals who got sponsored bills under 400 units during winter should not have applied. “In any case, they can, in any case, apply before their next charging cycle and profit from the subsidy scheme,” said the official.
Enter your email address to get latest updates