Connect with us


Ghaziabad deaths: Moments before suicide, bizman showed friend dead children on video call



Businessman Gulshan Vasudeva, who allegedly murdered his son and daughter before jumping from the eighth-floor balcony of his rented flat in Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram with his wife and a woman employee on Tuesday morning, had video-called his friend, Ramesh Arora moments before taking the extreme step.

Arora, 70, a resident of Jhilmil, recalled how he was surprised at having received a text from him at 3.30am.

“He sent a text reading ‘Jai Mata Di’ around 3.30am on Tuesday. Though, he usually sent such texts, I felt something was wrong. I tried calling him but he did not respond even though he was online on social media. Later, he made a video call around 3.38am, which lasted for four minutes. He showed me his two dead children. He told me that he distributed blankets, food and sweets to security guards on Monday night,” Arora, said.

“He said he was upset as officials of a Kolkata-based firm he was dealing with had fled with around Rs 80-90 lakh of his money. He showed me pictures of the suicide note he had written on the wall and the noose he had prepared. After the video call at 3.38am, I frantically tried to call him but he had switched off his phone. Then I tried calling up others,” he said.

Vasudeva had also told another childhood friend, Praveen Bakshi,around 18 months ago, that he was “feeling helpless” about the losses he had been suffering and how he might kill his family and himself.

Vasudeva — who ran a garments business in east Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar— had been facing losses for the past 4-5 years, his childhood Bakshi recalled on Tuesday morning.

“He came to my office one day 18 months ago and told me all doors seemed to be slowly closing for him. He said he would kill his family members and himself if his situation did not improve. I consoled him then,” Bakshi said.

He said Vasudeva had purchased a car on EMI but had defaulted on his last four instalments.

“Since I was the guarantor, I got two notices — once in the first week of November and again in the last week of the same month. I tried calling him up several times after that but his phone was switched off,” Bakshi said.

Generally, in the garments business in Gandhi Nagar, influential middlemen arrange transactions. “But Vasudeva was dealing with a Kolkata-based firm on his own. On Monday evening, he was supposed to fly to Kolkata at 11pm and meet them. However, before that he received a message that officials of the Kolkata firm had fled with the money. This made him very upset. He already was upset for not being able to recover Rs 2 crore he had lent to his brother-in-lawRakesh Verma,” he said. A case was lodged against Verma at Sahibabad police station in Ghaziabad in 2015.

Sudhir Kumar Singh, senior superintendent of police, said they were trying to trace the family of Vasudeva’s employee Sanjana, who was from Seelampur in Delhi but had been staying with the family for past four years.

“Sanjana survived the jump from the 8th floor. She told us they had killed themselves on their own. She later succumbed to injuries. Vasudeva left a bounced cheque on the wall where the suicide note was written. This was given to him by his brother-in-law Rakesh Verma,” Singh said.


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


From UP stopped from entering Haryana to sell paddy crop at government-run mandis



A day after the agriculture bills have been signed into law by the President, around fifty farmers from Uttar Pradesh were stopped from entering neighbouring Haryana’s Karnal district on Monday to sell their paddy crop at government-run mandis.

On Saturday, the Karnal Deputy Commissioner, Nishant Yadav had issued orders to prevent farmers from crossing the state border to sell non-basmati varieties of rice.

The act was done to ensure that the same crop grown by local farmers is given preference.

“There is no law which bars farmers from other states from selling their produce in Haryana. However, we have a portal where farmers upload their details so it is easier for us to buy from them. Due to Covid procurement has been staggered. Every registered farmer gets an SMS about their arrival date at the market,” PK Das, Additional Chief Secretary (Food and Civil Supplies), said, reported NDTV.

“We have asked these farmers to register on that portal. Once they do it they will also receive a similar text and then, on their scheduled date, they can come with their produce,” he added.

Yesterday morning, the protesting farmers had set a tractor on fire near India Gate in Delhi in the morning during protests.

The police came in action and removed the tractor and the fire has been put out by the fire department.

The three bills were introduced by the government contending that they will benefit the farmers.

Introducing the Bill, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar had said, “I want to assure everyone that the bills have nothing to do with MSPs. MSPs were there and will continue. I would request everyone to reconsider their views on the farm bills. The two bills are historic and will bring a change in the lives of the farmers. The farmers will be able to freely trade their produce anywhere in the country.”


Continue Reading


Dalit woman from UP, who was raped two weeks ago, succumbed to injuries in Delhi hospital



After two weeks of being gang-raped by a group of upper-caste men, a 19-year-old Dalit woman from Hathras district in Uttar Pradesh succumbed to injuries at a hospital in New Delhi.

The girl was raped on September 14 and was initially admitted to a district hospital with her tongue cut off and spinal cord severely injured, among other serious injuries.

The girl was first admitted to the ICU of a hospital in west UP’s Aligarh and later shifted to Delhi’s Safdarjung hospital.

The four accused belonging to the upper caste community were charged with gangrape and attempt to murder, apart from charges under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.

The accused were arrested based on a statement provided by the victim on September 23.

She gave her statement after she briefly regained consciousness.

She had accused three men – Sandeep, his uncle Ravi (35) and their friend Luv Kush, of committing the crime.

As reported by the Indian Express, the family alleged the main accused, Sandeep, and his family had “always harassed Dalits in their area”.

As per the reports, nearly two decades ago, Sandeep’s grandfather had been booked under the SC/ST Act and served three months in prison for allegedly thrashing the victim’s grandfather over a petty issue.

In a couple of tweets in Hindi, Priyanka Gandhi said, “The rape victim of UP’s Hathras has succumbed to injuries in Delhi’s Safdarjung hospital. For two weeks, she was struggling for her survival. The series of rape incidents in Hathras, Shahjahanpur and Gorakhpur have shaken the state.”

“The law and order situation in UP has been disturbed to an extent. There is no arrangement for the women safety. Criminals are committing crime without any fear. The perpetrators should be severely punished,” she said.


Continue Reading


‘Second wave of coronavirus at its peak in Delhi,’ says Arvind Kejriwal, cites experts



Delhi was witnessing the second wave of coronavirus and has now turned the corner, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Thursday.

The sudden spike in case, crossing 4,000 which took place earlier this month was the second wave of the disease, he said.

CM’s remarks came while speaking at a programme in PUSA (Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University).

“On September 16, Delhi recorded approximately 4,500 cases. After that, the cases started to decline and in the last 24 hours, 3,700 cases have come up in the national capital. In the coming days, the numbers will decline further,” he said.

“From July 1 to August 17, cases were in control. So experts are believing that the second wave of coronavirus which had hit Delhi is now on peak and its intensity will be less in the coming days,” he contended.

With a fresh spike of 86,508 coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, India has crossed the 57 lakh mark, according to Ministry of Health on Thursday.

India, which continues to remain the second-worst affected country’s total Covid-19 caseload now stands at 57,32,518 out of which 9,66,382 are active coronavirus cases which account for 16.85 per cent of all cases.

With 87,374 patients that have recovered from Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, the recoveries continue to remain more than the number of new coronavirus infections for the fifth consecutive day, according to data by Ministry of Health.

Delhi’s total coronavirus case load after daily spike of 3,714 cases now stands at 2,56,789 Covid-19 cases.


Continue Reading


Enter your email address to get latest updates



Copyright © 2018 - 2019 Delhi Wire.