Connect with us

News

CRPF jawans killed in Pulwama terror attack were returning from leave

Published

on

A CRPF convoy came under Jaish attack on Thursday afternoon that killed 44 jawans. The Jammu to Srinagar highway had been blocked for nearly a week and the queue of CRPF personnel waiting to travel from Jammu to Srinagar had been getting longer.

“The jawans were returning from leave,” said Ashish Kumar Jha, CRPF spokesperson in Jammu.

When the convoy started out from Channi Rama transit camp in Jammu long before sunrise Thursday morning, there were nearly 78 vehicles carrying about 2,500 jawans.

Ashish Kumar Jha said the convoy had left the Jammu camp at around 3.30 Thursday morning. The destination was over 320 km away, the Bakshi Stadium transit camp in Srinagar.

The attack took place nearly 30 km short of its destination.

A car, driven by Jaish-e-Mohammed’s Adil Ahmad Dar, rammed one of the 78 buses. Security agencies estimate the sports utility vehicle was packed with anything between 250 to 300 kg explosives. Security agencies in Delhi and Jammu confirmed 44 deaths in the attack by late Thursday evening, nearly 20 more are injured.

The security establishment will probe the attack to see if it made mistakes. There were suggestions that the length of the convoy appeared to be one.

“A thorough probe will be conducted but such a large convoy is visible from a distance itself… Points of halt and resuming journey of such convoys are always fixed,” Jha said.

Jammu and Kashmir governor Satya Pal Malik promised that there would be a “specific and strong response” to the attack. But he did make the point that the huge convoy left it vulnerable.

“They (CRPF jawans) should not have travelled with a huge convoy of 2500 jawans. Had the the convoy moved at a higher speed, such an attack would not have been possible on this highway. But somewhere security lapse was there. I will say at several places. Otherwise, it would not have been possible,” he told India Today news channel.

Besides, Malik said proper checking along the highway would have made it difficult to bring the car bomb near the convoy.

“Definitely there was a lapse and security forces now to have sit together and take corrective measures to plug the loopholes,” he said.

Source

News

17-year-old boy apprehended in Delhi for stalking girls on Instagram.

Published

on

A 17-year-old boy has been apprehended by the Delhi Police for allegedly stalking a number of minor girls on Instagram and threatening to publish their private photos.

According to the police, a father filed a complaint after becoming concerned that his 14-year-old daughter’s Instagram photos might have been shared with others.

According to the police, both the father and the daughter were counseled. The girl had shared her private photos and videos with a friend on instagram, and now the friend is pressurizing her to have more inappropriate conversations and send more of her private photos, the police said.

A case was filed based on the statement made by the minor girl.

Source: IndianExpress

Continue Reading

News

Arvind Kejriwal and Bhagwant Mann inaugurates 400 Mohalla Clinic in Amritsar

Published

on

Image: Bhagwant Mann (Twitter)

Friday, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated 400 Mohalla Clinics in Amritsar’s Putlighar.
Amritsar now has 400 mohalla clinics, bringing the total in the state to 500.

As a chief guest at the inauguration, Delhi CM Kejriwal expressed his happiness and noted that Punjab’s clinics were constructed in ten months rather than the five years it took to construct them in Delhi. He added that a lot of districts and villages will get new clinics.

“I am very happy and thankful for the citizens for believing in us. My little brother, Mann, has fulfilled another guarantee,” he said.

Kejriwal said, “Being a full state, Punjab suffers no interference from the central government unlike Delhi,” in an attack on the central government. Every village will receive more of these clinics in the coming years.”

Source: ANI

Continue Reading

News

Another Hit & Run Case: Car dragged scooty rider for 300 meters, one died

Published

on

Once again a case of hit, run, and drag has come to the fore in Delhi. One person died in this accident while the other is still admitted to the hospital. Delhi Police has arrested a total of 5 accused including the driver by registering a case under the section of culpable homicide not amounting to murder. CCTV footage of this incident has also come to the fore.

On the intervening night of Thursday-Friday, at around 3 pm, two PCR vans of Keshavpuram police station were patrolling the area. Only then the police personnel riding in it saw that a Tata Zest car hit an Activa scooty at Prerna Chowk in Kanhaiya Nagar area. Two youths were sitting on this scooty. One of the young men jumped in the air and fell on the roof of the car. At the same time, another young man jumped and got stuck between the windscreen and the bonnet of the car, while the scooty got stuck in the bumper below.

After this accident, instead of stopping the car, the accused fled from the spot, but the policemen posted in PCR caught all the 5 people in the car after chasing them for about 350 meters. During this, the policemen called the control room and informed them about the accident. The team that reached the spot took both the injured to the hospital, where one was declared brought dead by the doctors. The condition of the other youth remains critical.

Source: Aajtak

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.