Connect with us

News

COVID-19: Country goes in ‘Lockdown’ mode, govt advises people to maintain ‘1 meter’ distance

Published

on

In a strict move to contain the novel coronavirus, the centre today declared a countrywide lockdown of schools, gyms and swimming pools — crowded areas that explore people to the deadly virus.

The decision came after a meeting of a Group of Ministers which reviewed the situation today.

“Important measures including the closing of schools, swimming pools, malls, allow employees to work from home, less use of public transport,” said Lav Aggarwal, Joint Secretary, Union Health Ministry during a press conference.

The government also advised people to maintain 1-meter distance between people till March 31, as a precautionary measure.

The government has also restricted entry of travelers from the European Union, Turkey and the United Kingdom from March 18, 2020. However, this decision will be reviewed again.

Joint Secretary also told that compulsory quarantine of 14 days has been put in place for passengers coming from UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait. ‘

In order to facilitate the victims, the Union Health Ministry has generated its new helpline number for coronavirus — 1075. Although, the previous number, 01123978046, will also work.

Aggarwal further told that contact tracing activity of the positive cases has led to the identification of more than 5200 contacts, who are kept under surveillance.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi invited the ideas from people to tackle the deadly situation arisen in the nation due to COVID-19. “Harnessing innovation for a healthier planet. A lot of people have been sharing technology-driven solutions for COVID-19. I would urge them to share them on ‘MyGovIndia’. These efforts can help many,” he said.

“The fourth batch of 53 evacuates from Iran have arrived today and are being quarantined at the Army facility in Jaisalmer,” Joint Secretary, Union Health Ministry said.

“All are reported to be asymptomatic as present and are in quarantine as per protocol,” he added.

Earlier in the day, the Delhi government has ordered all gyms, night clubs, spas to be closed till March 31.

“Any gathering with more than 50 persons excluding weddings will not be allowed. For weddings also, we request if they can be postponed then please do so,” Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said.

As of now, India has witnessed 114 cases of coronavirus among which 2 are reported dead. However, the worldwide death toll rose to 6,036, with 159,844 infections after 105 died in Spain.

source

News

4 arrested for sexual assault of spa employee

Published

on

Image: Pexels.com

Delhi Police captured four individuals after a worker of a spa center in Delhi’s Pitampura claimed she was molested and sexually exploited by its manager and a client.

A 22-year-old woman complained of rape in a spa center at Delhi’s Pitampura on Thursday.

Authorities from Maurya Enclave police station hurried to the spot and started the examination.

“On August 4, a PCR call was gotten at PS Maurya Enclave in regards to rape with a lady at a Spa Center, Pitampura Delhi. The police promptly arrived at the spot (the ocean spa center) where a victim aged 22 years along with her husband were present external the spa center and complained in regards to rape on her by the manager of the spa center and client,” said police.

She was sent to the hospital for her clinical assessment. A counselor from DCW visited her.

“She expressed that on June 30 she joined the spa on August 4 at around 6 p.m. one client came there along with the manager Rahul and requested sexual favors. Rahul offered her a soft drink, after drinking it she felt tipsy and both raped her,” said police.

A case under Sections 354A/328/376 D of IPC was registered and both the accused persons were arrested.

Source: ANI

Continue Reading

News

Gold medalist boxer became a robber in Delhi, arrested with two companions

Published

on

A burglary group has been busted in Delhi. A boxer was likewise remembered for this posse, who has additionally won gold decorations in certain contests. This posse of three individuals used to complete stealing from Baba Haridas Nagar of Delhi.

The group had looted a lady’s mobile phone in Baba Haridas Nagar on August 1. when the lady was getting back from work. The lady had let in her protest know that three unidentified individuals who had come on the motorcycle grabbed her mobile phone and took off. The police began the examination of the matter. Some CCTVs were additionally checked and individuals around were likewise addressed.

Then, at that point, on August 4, two individuals wandering in a similar region were gotten by the police. The first gave his name as Ankit (age 19 years) who hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. The other’s name is Shivam Kumar who lives in Sainik Enclave. He is additionally 19 years of age. The third is being told as a minor. The person who is there Ankit is a boxer. During interrogation, a stolen cell phone was also recovered from them.

Continue Reading

News

Unclaimed Bag, Tiffin Box in Delhi’s Rohini Spark Alarm But Nothing Suspicious Found

Published

on

Representational Image | Image Source: PTI

An unclaimed bag was found in Rohini region in delhi on Thursday, sending the security organizations like the special cell and bomb detection team soon to reach the spot and launched an investigation, police said.

After a careful review of the area, nothing suspicious was tracked down.

As per authorities, An unclaimed bag was tracked down in the parking lot close to DC Chowk, Rohini Sector-9.

A bomb identification and removal crew and sniffer canines had looked through the area, but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.