New Delhi: India exposed Pakistan’s “nuclear bluff” by carrying out an air strike on a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terror camp in the neighbouring country’s Balakot on February 26, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley reportedly said today.
The Union Minister said this at India TV’s Aap Ki Adalat programme, news agency IANS reported. “India fought and won conventional wars against Pakistan in 1965, 1971 and during the Kargil conflict. Since then, Pakistan’s army has realised that because of our huge economy and superior military strength, conventional wars cannot be won,” it quoted him as saying.
He claimed that the Pakistan Army then had two options – one, fighting a proxy war with the help of terrorists, and two, projecting a nuclear bluff. “Since both the countries are armed with nuclear weapons, the nuclear bluff was their second option. But it has been exposed this time,” Mr Jaitley said.
According to IANS, the Finance Minister said that India has stopped adopting a defensive posture under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership. “Till now, Pakistan’s policy was to send terrorists for carrying out attacks while our policy was to be on the defensive. Modiji has brought about a small change in that. While we will continue to defend ourselves, we will also attack the main sources of terrorism. The 2016 surgical strike was our first step, and the latest air strikes were the second,” he said at the event, adding that the operations were widely supported across the globe.
Mr Jaitley reportedly said that opposition parties were indulging in “foolish politics” by seeking evidence of the Balakot strike. “These parties and leaders should know that operational details of the armed forces are never shared,” he was quoted as saying by the news agency.
According to IANS, Mr Jaitley cited two reasons for Pakistan claiming that the Indian jets were forced flee after unloading their payload into an uninhabited zone. “There are two plausible reasons… First, the Pakistan army had created a big aura about its prowess among Pakistanis, and it did not want its image dented,” he said.
The second reason was more vital, the Finance Minister claimed. “Had the Pakistan army admitted that our fighters bombed its buildings, the first question to be raised would have been: What was the extent of damage? Experts would have come for a survey of the buildings and asked about the people staying inside… then Pakistan would have had to reveal names of the Jaish fighters who died there,” the news agency quoted Mr Jaitley as saying.
India had targeted a terrorist camp in Pakistan’s Balakot on February 26, around ten days after 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in a terror attack at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
4 arrested for sexual assault of spa employee
Delhi Police captured four individuals after a worker of a spa center in Delhi’s Pitampura claimed she was molested and sexually exploited by its manager and a client.
A 22-year-old woman complained of rape in a spa center at Delhi’s Pitampura on Thursday.
Authorities from Maurya Enclave police station hurried to the spot and started the examination.
“On August 4, a PCR call was gotten at PS Maurya Enclave in regards to rape with a lady at a Spa Center, Pitampura Delhi. The police promptly arrived at the spot (the ocean spa center) where a victim aged 22 years along with her husband were present external the spa center and complained in regards to rape on her by the manager of the spa center and client,” said police.
She was sent to the hospital for her clinical assessment. A counselor from DCW visited her.
“She expressed that on June 30 she joined the spa on August 4 at around 6 p.m. one client came there along with the manager Rahul and requested sexual favors. Rahul offered her a soft drink, after drinking it she felt tipsy and both raped her,” said police.
A case under Sections 354A/328/376 D of IPC was registered and both the accused persons were arrested.
Gold medalist boxer became a robber in Delhi, arrested with two companions
A burglary group has been busted in Delhi. A boxer was likewise remembered for this posse, who has additionally won gold decorations in certain contests. This posse of three individuals used to complete stealing from Baba Haridas Nagar of Delhi.
The group had looted a lady’s mobile phone in Baba Haridas Nagar on August 1. when the lady was getting back from work. The lady had let in her protest know that three unidentified individuals who had come on the motorcycle grabbed her mobile phone and took off. The police began the examination of the matter. Some CCTVs were additionally checked and individuals around were likewise addressed.
Then, at that point, on August 4, two individuals wandering in a similar region were gotten by the police. The first gave his name as Ankit (age 19 years) who hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. The other’s name is Shivam Kumar who lives in Sainik Enclave. He is additionally 19 years of age. The third is being told as a minor. The person who is there Ankit is a boxer. During interrogation, a stolen cell phone was also recovered from them.
Unclaimed Bag, Tiffin Box in Delhi’s Rohini Spark Alarm But Nothing Suspicious Found
An unclaimed bag was found in Rohini region in delhi on Thursday, sending the security organizations like the special cell and bomb detection team soon to reach the spot and launched an investigation, police said.
After a careful review of the area, nothing suspicious was tracked down.
As per authorities, An unclaimed bag was tracked down in the parking lot close to DC Chowk, Rohini Sector-9.
A bomb identification and removal crew and sniffer canines had looked through the area, but it turned out to be a false alarm.
Delhi | Suspicious object found in Rohini, police personnel on the spot. Further details awaited pic.twitter.com/FmNQqEKcPE
— ANI (@ANI) August 4, 2022
Enter your email address to get latest updates