Connect with us

News

‘Baba ka Dhaba’ owner Kanta Prasad discharged from hospital, blames YouTubers for forcing him into depression

Published

on

‘Baba Ka Dhaba’ owner Kanta Prasad was discharged from the Safdarjung Hospital, where he was admitted following an alleged suicide attempt. Prasad was admitted to the hospital on June 18 and as per police reports, he overdosed on alcohol and sleeping pills.

Baba Ka Dhaba’ owner Kanta Prasad was discharged from the Safdarjung Hospital, where he was admitted following an alleged suicide attempt. Prasad was admitted to the hospital on June 18 and as per police reports, he overdosed on alcohol and sleeping pills. Following his discharge, Prasad recorded a statement to the police alleging that several YouTubers had called him to pressure him to apologise to YouTuber Gaurav Wasan following which he fell into depression. While no FIR has been filed regarding the matter, the police are investigating the role of the YouTubers who made the calls to Prasad.

DCP (south district) Atul Kumar Thakur told Prasad’s condition is currently stable and he has returned home. “Initially, he was on a ventilator and then in the Intensive Care Unit,” a senior officer was quoted as saying by Indian Express.

Earlier, Prasad’s son, Karan, also told the police that his father consumed alcohol and sleeping pills. He had been depressed over his business for the last few days, said the family.

The ‘Baba Ka Dhaba’ owner had come into limelight last year when a video featuring him went viral on the social media where he spoke about the lack of customers and financial crisis which had hit his small business. After the video went viral, Kanta Prasad became famous overnight and people from all over the country came out in large numbers to provide financial help to him to kickstart his eatery joint again.

The video of Kanta Prasad was shot and uploaded by YouTuber Gaurav Vasan but later a police complaint was filed by Prasad against the latter for defrauding him over money collected in his name.

With the financial help Baba (Kanta Prasad is popularly known as) received from the people, he opened a restaurant but it could not last long. Due to the pandemic-induced lockdown, Baba had to close the restaurant due to non-availability of customers and no income generated following which he again returned to his old dhaba.

Recently, Gaurav Vasan and Kanta Prasad buried the hatchet where the elderly man apologized to the YouTuber.

Source : IndiaTvNews
Image : PTI

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

67% surveyed Indians have developed antibodies against coronavirus, 40 crore still at risk: Govt

Published

on

The fourth national serosurvey has found that 67.6 per cent surveyed Indians have developed antibodies against the virus causing Covid-19.

The fourth nation sero survey has revealed that more than 50 per cent children aged 6-17 years have developed antibodies against the virus causing Covid-19. (Representational image) (Photo: Getty Images)

Two-thirds of the Indian population, including children, have developed antibodies against virus causing Covid-19, while nearly 40 crore people are still vulnerable, the Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday while releasing findings of the fourth national serosurvey.

In this round of the national serosurvey, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) also included children to assess their vulnerability towards coronavirus. It found that overall, 67.6 per cent surveyed Indians have developed antibodies against coronavirus.

The survey has found that more than 50 per cent of children aged 6-17 years have been exposed to Covid-19 and have developed antibodies against it.

The highest sero-prevalence was found in the age group 45-60 years (77.6 per cent), followed by those above 60 years (76.7 per cent) and those in the age group 18-44 years (66.7 per cent).

In this survey, children were divided into two age groups: 6-9 years and 10-17 years.

Sero-prevalence in the 6-9 years category was 57.2 per cent and in the 10-17 years category, it was 61.6 per cent.

Releasing the survey findings, the health ministry said states and districts with low sero-prevalence run the risk of witnessing more waves of Covid-19.

The fourth round of the serosurvey was carried out during June-July. Besides children, the survey also covered 100 healthcare workers in each district.

The survey found that among adults, 13 per cent people have received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine. Highest sero-prevalence was found among this section of the population.

“This serosurvey results show that there is ray of hope but there is no scope for complacency,” said Dr Balram Bhargava, DG ICMR.

Source : IndiaToday

Continue Reading

News

80 Dead, 204 Missing After Feb 7 Avalanche In Uttarakhand: Government

Published

on

Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai said the avalanche occurred in the upper catchment of Rishiganga river, a tributary of Alaknanda river in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, which led to a sudden rise in the water level of Rishiganga river.

The glacier burst in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district happened on Sunday, February 7 (File)

New Delhi: As many as 80 bodies were recovered and 204 people continue to be missing following an avalanche that occurred in Rishiganga river in Uttarakhand on February 7, leading to a rise in water level, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.

Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai said the avalanche occurred in the upper catchment of Rishiganga river, a tributary of Alaknanda river in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, which led to a sudden rise in the water level of Rishiganga river.

“As per the information provided by the state government of Uttarakhand, due to this incident, 204 people were reported missing. 80 bodies have been recovered so far,” he said in reply to a written question.

Due to the flash flood on account of the rising water level in Rishiganga, a small hydropower project of 13.2 Mega Watt (MW) was washed away and a 520 MW under construction hydropower project in the downstream at Tapovan was also affected, the minister said.

Source : NDTV

Continue Reading

News

Delhi cop robbed of motorbike by three armed men

Published

on

The constable, Mon Raj Meena, a resident of Palam village, was going home on his motorcycle after performing his duty at Singhu border.

Three armed assailants allegedly robbed a Delhi Police constable of his motorbike in West Delhi’s Vikaspuri when he was returning home from work. An FIR has been registered and police are conducting raids to nab the accused.

DCP (West) Urvija Goel said the incident took place on the intervening night of July 17-18 when the constable, Mon Raj Meena, a resident of Palam village, was going home on his motorcycle after performing his duty at Singhu border.

“When he reached the elevated road of Peera Garhi to Janakpuri in front of Shahpura, he was stopped by three motorcyclists, who threatened him,” she said.

Goel said the constable left his motorbike and maintained distance from them. “They took his motorcycle with them. He then informed the police, making a PCR call. He was not wearing his uniform at the time. An FIR of robbery was registered at Vikaspuri police station,” she added.

Police said they are scanning CCTV footage from the area.

Source : IndianExpresss

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Delhi Wire.