Connect with us

Entertainment

Anurag Basu: We miss Shilpa on set, I don’t know when she will be back

Published

on

Filmmaker Anurag Basu says he is clueless about when actor Shilpa Shetty Kundra will return to the kids’ reality show, Super Dancer, they judge.

Actor Shilpa Shetty has been judging the kids’ dance reality show, Super Dancer, for four seasons now. But, ever since her husband, Raj Kundra, got arrested on July 20 for his alleged involvement in creating and publishing porn films through mobile apps, she has been away from the show. And her co-judge, filmmaker Anurag Basu, admits that she is dearly missed.

“Yes, absolutely, we miss Shilpa a lot on set. There’s a bonding between all of us, who’re a part of the show, and which also includes people behind the scene and the choreographers. We’re a small family and when one person isn’t around, then bahut mushkil hota hai. Shilpa is dear to us,” he tells us.

Meanwhile, Shilpa Shetty Kundra participated in a Covid-19 fund-raiser, We For India, on Sunday. This is her first social media appearance after her husband, Raj Kundra’s arrest last month. In her segment, Shetty demonstrated breathing exercises and talked about how to overcome negative thoughts. “Mushkil waqt mein negative thoughts ka aana swabhavik hai… Positive rehne ke liye apni breathing ko sahi karne ke liye, aaj ke time mein pranayam pehle se bhi zyada zaroori ho gaya hai (It’s natural to have negative thoughts during tough times but to control that, it’s important to control your breath. That’s why pranayama has become integral to remain positive and improve breathing),” she said.

In Shetty’s absence, a number have joined Basu and choreographer Geeta Kapoor on the judges’ panel. But, the 51-year-old director, who and Shetty have also worked together in the film, Life in a… Metro (2007), says he has no idea when the actor is expected to resume the shoot of the show.

“I have no clue. I had sent her a message asking, ‘When are you coming back’, but I got no reply, so I don’t know when she will be back. I can’t say. I don’t know what’s happening. Let’s hope (she returns) soon. I’m just looking forward,” he adds.

However, with or without Shetty, work continues for Basu on the show. Other than his TV commitment, which is keeping him busy, Basu is also ecstatic about being nominated in the best director category at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne for his film Ludo (2020), which had an OTT release last year.

“I’m very happy about it. In the past two years there have been no award ceremonies happening. I’ll not be modest at all. Awards really matter to me, and I look forward to the nominations and getting awards. It didn’t matter when I didn’t get any, but the moment I started getting awards, they started to matter to me. Now, digitally whatever awards are happening, I tell them to share the trophies with me because I like them. It gives you a little more confidence and drives you every time,” he ends.

 

 

 

Source: Hindustan Times

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Manoj Patil Suicide Attempt Controversy

Published

on

Manoj Patil the winner of Mr. India of 2016 attempted to commit suicide by consuming some pills on Thursday in his residence.

Later on his manager Pari Naaz had accused that Sahil Khan had instigated him to take this harsh step as he had been harassing Manoj Patil for a year.

Today, Sahil Khan called for a press conference where he claimed that he had nothing to do with this case. He also said that he was aware of Manoj Patil’s illegal business about selling fake steroids but he was never involved in these things.

Is this a controversy against Sahil Khan,
What do you think?

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Winner of Bigg Boss 13 Siddharth Shukla Dies at 40

Published

on

(Photo Courtesy: Twitter)

Winner of Bigg Boss 13, Actor Siddharth Shukla passed away due to a heart attack at the age of 40 at Mumbai’s Cooper Hospital on Thursday, 2 September, as per reports.

Hospital sources told India Today that Siddharth took some medicine before sleeping and didn’t wake up. Later on the when he was taken to the hospital he was pronounced dead. The hospital had also given statement to a leading publication that Siddharth Shukla passed away due to a massive cardiac arrest Thursday morning.

According to the reports, postmortem is being done and the body will be discharged soon.

Actor Siddharth Shukla is survived by his mother and his 2 sisters.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Samantha Akkineni says she was in disbelief when Anushka Sharma once DMed her

Published

on

Samantha Akkineni shared how she once got a message from Anushka Sharma on Instagram and her reaction was, “Wait, what?”

Samantha Akkineni revealed that she was taken by surprise when Anushka Sharma once reacted to one of her Instagram Stories. Samantha also praised Anushka’s social media game and said that her page ‘makes you feel happy inside’.

During an interview, Samantha was asked when was the last time she received a direct message from a celebrity, which left her in disbelief. “I felt that when Anushka Sharma reacted to one of my stories. It was like, wait, what?” she told Bollywood Hungama.

Later, Samantha complimented Anushka for sharing empowering and uplifting posts. “I think Anushka Sharma posts really valuable engagement. I just feel like her Instagram page really empowers and makes you feel happy inside. Yeah, so I like Anushka Sharma’s social media,” she said.

Samantha, in the past, has often showered love on Anushka’s posts. Last year, on a picture of Anushka posing in a pool and flaunting her baby bump, Samantha commented, “Angel.” On a picture shared by Anushka to commemorate her third wedding anniversary with Virat Kohli, Samantha had dropped a heart emoji.

Earlier this year, Samantha made her digital debut with the second season of the Amazon Prime series The Family Man, also starring Manoj Bajpayee, Priyamani, Sharad KelkarSharib Hashmi and Shreya Dhanwanthary. She played a Sri Lankan Tamil fighter on a suicide mission in the show. Before its release, The Family Man 2 was in the middle of a controversy over its depiction of Tamil Nadu and its people. Many demanded that the show be banned.

The Family Man 2 directors Raj and DK had issued a statement saying that ‘assumptions and impressions’ were made ‘based on just a couple of shots in the trailer’. They insisted that they were ‘very cognizant of the sentiments of the Tamil people and Tamil culture’ and made efforts to ensure that the story was ‘sensitive, balanced, and riveting’.

 

Source: Hindustan Times

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Delhi Wire.