Connect with us

News

21-day ‘complete lockdown’ in entire nation from midnight: PM Modi’s step on COVID-19 menace

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his second address in a week on coronavirus crisis to the nation on Tuesday announced a 21 days strict complete lockdown in the entire nation, starting from midnight.

PM Modi further said it is in a way a curfew and would be more stringent that Janata Curfew.

“Forget about leaving home in the next 21 days. If you cross the Lakshman Rekha, you will invite the virus home,” PM warned citizens.

“We may have to pay a financial cost for this lockdown but it is important for the safety of people,” he said.

“The experts themselves have advised across the globe that the only effective way to fight the virus is social distancing,” PM said.

However, according to news agency ANI, all essential services to continue and remain functional. List of essential services remains unchanged since March 22nd ‘Janata Curfew’.

PM Modi appreciated the involvement of citizens in the ‘Janata Curfew’ – imposed on Sunday to contain the novel coronavirus. PM further stressed on the need to tackle the deadly virus with urgency.

Emphasizing on the importance of ‘social distancing’ in such a grave situation, PM Modi said if citizens keep on being reluctant to practice social distancing, then a huge amount has to be paid.

“Lockdown has been imposed in many sections of the country, and has been observed that the nation was not following it with enthusiasm,” he said.

Showing a banner in which a message was encrypted in Hindi defining Corona as ‘Koi Road pe Na Nikale’ (No one should come out on streets), he said we really need to follow this message with full enthusiasm.

“If we are not able to manage the upcoming 21 days, we will be pushed back 21 years,” PM Modi added.

“This is applicable to everyone, even to Prime Minister,” he said.

“Social distancing is the only option to stay safe and to stop the coronavirus- stay at a distance from each other and stay inside your houses, he said in his second address to the nation,” PM said emphasizing the importance of social-distancing.

“We need to understand that we have only one way to tackle the deadly virus by not leaving our house. No matter what, we have to stay inside our house,” he said.

Praising people’s participation on the one-day ‘Janata Curfew’, PM Modi said it has shown that we can fight the coronavirus pandemic together.

PM further assured that the central, as well as state governments, are working with full dedication to fighting the battle against the deadly coronavirus.

“To make the day-to-day life unaffected, the government is working in this direction,” he added.

In his address, PM Modi showed trust in citizens in this lockdown by expressing hope that citizens will follow the government’s and local administration’s instructions.

“21 days lockdown is a long time, but in order to save you as well as your family’s lives, it is a very important step,” he said.

“The government has allocated Rs 15000 crore to make the treatment of coronavirus infected patients by strengthening the health infrastructure,” he said.

“This amount is for testing facilities, PPEs, ICUs, Ventilators and training medical workers,” he said.

The deadly virus has taken over 500 people in its grip in the nation with 9 deaths reported. Last week on Thursday, PM had advised a one-day unofficial lockdown to tackle the menace. This was definitely an experimental lockdown as today, PM Modi praising the people’s participation decided to convert it into a massive 21-day ‘strict official lockdown’.

source

News

4 arrested for sexual assault of spa employee

Published

on

Image: Pexels.com

Delhi Police captured four individuals after a worker of a spa center in Delhi’s Pitampura claimed she was molested and sexually exploited by its manager and a client.

A 22-year-old woman complained of rape in a spa center at Delhi’s Pitampura on Thursday.

Authorities from Maurya Enclave police station hurried to the spot and started the examination.

“On August 4, a PCR call was gotten at PS Maurya Enclave in regards to rape with a lady at a Spa Center, Pitampura Delhi. The police promptly arrived at the spot (the ocean spa center) where a victim aged 22 years along with her husband were present external the spa center and complained in regards to rape on her by the manager of the spa center and client,” said police.

She was sent to the hospital for her clinical assessment. A counselor from DCW visited her.

“She expressed that on June 30 she joined the spa on August 4 at around 6 p.m. one client came there along with the manager Rahul and requested sexual favors. Rahul offered her a soft drink, after drinking it she felt tipsy and both raped her,” said police.

A case under Sections 354A/328/376 D of IPC was registered and both the accused persons were arrested.

Source: ANI

Continue Reading

News

Gold medalist boxer became a robber in Delhi, arrested with two companions

Published

on

A burglary group has been busted in Delhi. A boxer was likewise remembered for this posse, who has additionally won gold decorations in certain contests. This posse of three individuals used to complete stealing from Baba Haridas Nagar of Delhi.

The group had looted a lady’s mobile phone in Baba Haridas Nagar on August 1. when the lady was getting back from work. The lady had let in her protest know that three unidentified individuals who had come on the motorcycle grabbed her mobile phone and took off. The police began the examination of the matter. Some CCTVs were additionally checked and individuals around were likewise addressed.

Then, at that point, on August 4, two individuals wandering in a similar region were gotten by the police. The first gave his name as Ankit (age 19 years) who hails from Jhajjar, Haryana. The other’s name is Shivam Kumar who lives in Sainik Enclave. He is additionally 19 years of age. The third is being told as a minor. The person who is there Ankit is a boxer. During interrogation, a stolen cell phone was also recovered from them.

Continue Reading

News

Unclaimed Bag, Tiffin Box in Delhi’s Rohini Spark Alarm But Nothing Suspicious Found

Published

on

Representational Image | Image Source: PTI

An unclaimed bag was found in Rohini region in delhi on Thursday, sending the security organizations like the special cell and bomb detection team soon to reach the spot and launched an investigation, police said.

After a careful review of the area, nothing suspicious was tracked down.

As per authorities, An unclaimed bag was tracked down in the parking lot close to DC Chowk, Rohini Sector-9.

A bomb identification and removal crew and sniffer canines had looked through the area, but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Delhi Wire.