Like always, the Met Gala saw some fashionably fierce looks this year too, as celebrities presented their interpretation of the theme, ‘Camp’.
And looking at the outfits one thing became glaringly clear – Bollywood of the 80s could easily be the inspiration for the MetGala of 2019:
1. For starters, we’re pretty sure Rekha would have rocked multiple costume change like no one’s business.
2. Mithun Da has always been a trendsetter.
3. And no one does a ‘period look’ better than him.
4. But can anyone really shine brighter than Govinda and Juhi’s metallic styling?
5. You don’t have to explain to Bollywood what arriving in style is all about.
6. Pretty sure 80s Bollywood invented monochrome.
7. And don’t even get us started on outrageous hairdos.
8. Also, move over MetGala cuz this here is the perfect bodysuit.
9. Whatever be the theme, we got an outfit for it.
10. Did someone say minimalism?
11. Before the Kardashians, we had Bollywood queens of bling.
12. Sticking to our roots indeed.
13. All hail the OG warrior princess. Yaas queen!
14. Let it be said, there was no trend that 80s Bollywood did not ace. Like twinning.
15. 80s Bollywood fam was forever party ready, after-party ready, and even wedding ready. Bin shaadi, yeh baraati!
16. Desi Avengers assemble.
17. Ain’t no swag like some desi swag cuz desi swag be au naturale!
18. Acing those color blocking trends like a pro.
19. Those headgears though!
20. Swipe right to those stripes.
Seriously though, Bollywood fashion was clearly far ahead of its times.
Birthday Special: Take a look at Top 10 melodious tracks of KK
Krishnakumar Kunnath, famously known as KK, was among the best artists in the country. On May 31, the brilliant vocalist died following a cardiac arrest at his show in Kolkata. He was gifted with a disorderly yet smooth voice that will be recalled by his fans for a long time to come. On the event of his 54th birthday, have a look at his best 10 heartwarming tracks. <3
1. Aankhon Mein Teri Ajab Si.
2. Yaaro Dosti.
3. Tadap Tadap Ke.
4. Tu Aashiqui Hai.
5. Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai.
6. Khuda Jaane.
7. Zara Sa.
8. Dil Kyu Yeh Mera.
9. Hai Junoon.
10. Pyaar Ke Pal.
US woman’s bhangra performance wins hearts. Watch video
A US lady has left netizens stunned with her bhangra dance. The lady is seen killing the bhangra moves in a video shared on Instagram.
In the video, she is seen performing bhangra in her kitchen wearing a T-shirt and yoga pants. She effortlessly performs to the melody “Chidi Blauri”, sung by Mannat Noor and Ammy Virk, from 2018 film Laung Laachi. Happily, she grooves energetically, winning the hearts of netizens.
“Something delayed for now,” Omala, the Instagrammer captioned the post. The video has earned more than 1.2 million hits on Instagram.
One of her social media follower commented, “hell yes, you had the swag and attitude and perfectly done steps to traditional Bhangra! Whoot whoot.” Another client remarked, “What aa dance ????? amazing ?.”
View this post on Instagram
Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor’s wedding: Couple’s big day is finally here, the couple is set to tie the knot today
Finally, Ranbir and Alia are to tie the knot today. Ranbir Kapoor’s whole family is excited about it. Yesterday, the Yeh Jawani hai Deewani star held Mehendi and Haldi ceremonies at his Pali Hill residence Vastu. Apart from his family members, several other stars such as Karan Johar, etc were present at the rituals. Neetu Kapoor and Riddhima Kapoor have already confirmed with the paparazzi that Alia and Ranbir are tying the knot today i.e 14th April, some reports however suggest that the muhurat of Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt wedding is at 3:30 pm. In a recent interview, Shakti Kapoor said that Rishi Kapoor wanted to see Ranbir-Alia’s wedding with his own eyes and he is glad that Ranbir didn’t delay the wedding anymore.
Enter your email address to get latest updates