Connect with us

Entertainment

20 Photos That Show 80s Bollywood Was Always Met Gala Ready

Published

on

Like always, the Met Gala saw some fashionably fierce looks this year too, as celebrities presented their interpretation of the theme, ‘Camp’. 

And looking at the outfits one thing became glaringly clear – Bollywood of the 80s could easily be the inspiration for the MetGala of 2019:

1. For starters, we’re pretty sure Rekha would have rocked multiple costume change like no one’s business. 

2. Mithun Da has always been a trendsetter. 

3. And no one does a ‘period look’ better than him. 

4. But can anyone really shine brighter than Govinda and Juhi’s metallic styling?

5. You don’t have to explain to Bollywood what arriving in style is all about. 

6. Pretty sure 80s Bollywood invented monochrome.

7. And don’t even get us started on outrageous hairdos. 

8. Also, move over MetGala cuz this here is the perfect bodysuit. 

Source: Tellychakkar

9. Whatever be the theme, we got an outfit for it. 

Source: MensXP

10. Did someone say minimalism?

Source: YouTube

11. Before the Kardashians, we had Bollywood queens of bling.

12. Sticking to our roots indeed. 

13. All hail the OG warrior princess. Yaas queen! 

Source: Pinterest

14. Let it be said, there was no trend that 80s Bollywood did not ace. Like twinning. 

Source: Pinterest

15. 80s Bollywood fam was forever party ready, after-party ready, and even wedding ready. Bin shaadi, yeh baraati!

Source: Pinterest

16. Desi Avengers assemble. 

17. Ain’t no swag like some desi swag cuz desi swag be au naturale!

Source: Pinterest

18. Acing those color blocking trends like a pro.

Source: Pinterest

19. Those headgears though! 

Source: Pinterest

20. Swipe right to those stripes. 

Source: Pinterest

Seriously though, Bollywood fashion was clearly far ahead of its times. 

Source

Entertainment

Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s wife sends legal notice for divorce

Published

on

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s wife Aaliya Siddiqui has sent a legal notice to the actor claiming maintenance and divorce.

The notice was sent to the Sacred Games star on May 7 through email and WhatsApp due to the unavailability of speed post amid the coronavirus pandemic, lawyer for Aaliya (Anjali), Abhay Sahai said.

The lawyer also said that Nawazuddin is yet to respond to the notice.

“Mrs Siddiqui, our client, has also sent the notice through WhatsApp.”

“However, Mr Siddiqui has not responded till date. The notice has been sent claiming maintenance and divorce,” Sahai told PTI on Monday.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in his hometown Budhana, Uttar Pradesh, with his family members, where he reached on May 12 after getting the necessary permission for travel from the authorities in Maharashtra.

“Due to the recent loss of my younger sister, my mother, who is 71 years old, got anxiety attack twice. We have followed all the guidelines given by the State Government. We are #HomeQuarantined at our hometown Budhana. Please #StaySafe #StayHome, Nawazuddin tweeted on Monday.”

Sahai said he can’t divulge the details of the notice as it is confidential, but said the allegations against the actor as well as his family members are “quite serious”.

Nawazuddin and Aaliya, who got married in 2009, have two children.

Previously, the actor had a short-lived arranged marriage with Sheeba.

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘He didn’t offer, I didn’t ask’: Deepika Padukone remembers having lunch with Aamir Khan and family

Published

on

It seems like Deepika Padukone, who is in home quarantine with husband Ranveer Singh in Mumbai is missing the good old times. Amidst lockdown, she has been treating her fans with her ‘not-so-seen’ pictures.

And, today is no different. On Saturday, Deepika again took to her Instagram handle to share a throwback picture of her family having lunch with Aamir Khan.

The photo dates back to 2000 when Deepika was just 13-years-old. In the picture, Deepika is seen posing with Aamir, along with her whole family – father Prakash Padukone, mother Ujjala and sister Anisha. In the post, Deepika recalled that Aamir was having curd rice at the time and though she was hungry, she couldn’t bring herself to ask him for some.

She wrote, “Major throwback to 1st January, 2000. I was 13 & awkward. I still am. He was having lunch. Curd Rice to be precise. I was hungry, like I always am. But he didn’t offer and I didn’t ask… #random #anecdote @_aamirkhan. (sic).”

Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player. He became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championship in 1980. He was also honoured with Arjuna Award (1972) and Padma Shri (1982).

Recently, the actress also shared a picture of herself along with her sister Anisha, saying that she misses her.

On the acting front, Deepika was last seen on the big screen in Chhapaak. She will next be seen in Shakun Batra’s film, along with Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi. She will also star in Ranveer Singh’s 83.

source

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Go Goa Gone’ team gives social distancing message in anniversary video

Published

on

Actors like Kunal Kemmu, Vir Das and Anand Tiwari celebrated seven years of their hit film Go Goa Gone with a video carrying the message of social distancing in times of the coronavirus pandemic.

The zombie apocalypse action comedy film was directed by Raj and DK. It also featured Saif Ali Khan and Puja Gupta.

“7 years of Go Goa Gone!! On this Mother’s Day as go goa gone completes 7 years. The boys and girl wanted to thank Mother Nature for providing us with so many amazing things including. #babajikibooti P.s : it’s home made.. even the video,” Kunal captioned the over two-minute video that he posted on social media on Sunday.

The video promotes washing hands, maintaining social distance and wearing masks.

It left the fans impressed but they all demanded for the film’s sequel.

In January this year, Kunal had said the sequel to Go Goa Gone had been going through logistical issues and hence the project couldn’t take off over the past few years.

Asked when shooting for the film would possibly begin, Kunal had replied: “It’s my question, too, because I have also read the announcement. Other than that, I don’t have any knowledge. They (makers of the film) announced Go Goa Gone 2 twice in the last three years. There are logistical issues. Till the time we don’t start shooting for the film, I will not believe it, because in the past two years I have been excited about that film on different levels and it’s very close to my heart.”

source

Continue Reading

Newsletters

Enter your email address to get latest updates

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2019 Delhi Wire.